Aaron Mendenhall - 1st Marriage to Mary Stanfield? – Not Proven

Started by Private User on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
Today at 12:17 PM

I see nothing in Overview that shows him having had a first wife, which would necessarily be the case since Rose died after Aaron.

I see no marriage to a Rose Stanfield in look-up on FamilySearch:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&q.g...

Today at 1:04 PM

Exactly right, Ken. No sources for a Mary marrying Aaron. It is only linked from a standard do it yourself family tree site. I am secretary and one of three chief genealogists active with the Mendenhall Family Association. Our website at mendenhall.org shows that Aaron born 1690 only had Rose Pierson married to him. That Mendenhall family tree of nearly 100,000 profiles is the Pedigree club for the family. Besides Rose was the mother of all the children. There are innumerable sources for that fact. But a Mary has no sources. We have Mary Stanfield as the wife of Aaron's son Elijah, but even that Mary Stanfield has no sources and only appears in many family trees. In order to not be seen as hypocritical, I believe I was the one who added Mary in there as the wife of Samuel. I just thought that Samuel needed a mother and Elijah needed a wife. But that's just me.

Today at 1:08 PM

Error of mine (I am getting old), Mary should be shown as married to Elijah Mendenhall and not as married to Samuel her son.

Today at 1:25 PM

Error of mine again. I see now that I only connected their son Samuel to the couple a few years ago because I was doing first hand research into that part of the Aaron line as well as being helped by some descendants of Aaron although they did not know it apart from the dna evidence they had obtained. The link was through John Mendenall born 1791 (that's right no h in his name, done on purpose)

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion