Sancho López de Ayala, Señor de Mena y Unza - wrong parents?

Started by dale scott on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
yesterday at 3:06 PM

I don't speak/read Spanish, so I'm handicapped here. The following Google translation states his parents were Sancho Pérez de Ayala and Aldonza Díaz de Velasco, rather than Pedro López de Ayala and Elvira Sánchez de Gamboa.

ORIGINAL URL
https://dbe.rah.es/biografias/58784/pedro-lopez-de-ayala
GOOGLE TRANSLATION
https://dbe-rah-es.translate.goog/biografias/58784/pedro-lopez-de-a...

López de Ayala, Pedro . Lord of Abanilla. ?, or. ts xiii – pms xiv. Vice-advance of Murcia by Don Juan Manuel, senior advance of the kingdom of Murcia with Alfonso XI.

This Pedro López de Ayala was the grandson of the lord of Gamboa y Mena of the same name, who had the responsibility of raising the infant Don Manuel, son of Fernando III. This relationship with the Royal Family meant for the Ayalas the reward of properties in Murcia, and the implantation of part of the lineage in that kingdom. One of those who settled in Murcia was Pedro's father, Sancho Pérez de Ayala, butler of the same infant and follower of the lord of Vizcaya Lope Díaz de Haro, along with whom he would be murdered by order of Sancho IV in Alfaro (1288). He married Sancho Pérez with Aldonza Díaz de Velasco. In addition to Pedro, they had four other children, among them Juan Sánchez de Ayala, butler of Don Juan Manuel (son of the Infante Don Manuel and lord of Villena) and his lieutenant in the advance of Murcia; and María Fernández “la Cruzada”, wife of the Murcian forward García Jofré de Loaysa.

I'm also wondering why this Spaniard died in Hungary?

yesterday at 3:15 PM

NEVER MIND !

On further study, I see my error. I have confused the person of this profile with his parents.

It would be a good additional source if someone can translate better than Google.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion