Agnes de Bohun - Did she exist?

Начала Erica Howton сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (3)
Сегодня в 1:48 до полудня

Anne Brannen - I think this profile lost her identity.

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bohun-3, based on Medlands, does not show her as a daughter of Humphrey VIII de Bohun, 4th Earl of Hereford & Elizabeth of Rhuddlan, Countess of Hereford

And she was not the wife of Robert de Ferrers, 2nd Baron Ferrers de Chartley; I disconnected her from him.

I suspect she had been mixed up with the earlier Eleanor de Bohun, Countess of Derby

So, what to do? My thought is to merge her into Margaret Ferrers the actual wife? Or should that be too confusing for profile managers?

Сегодня в 1:54 до полудня

Ah, I see an error origin in the profile for John de Ferrers, 3rd Baron Ferrers of Chartley

John de Ferrers, 3rd Baron Ferrers of Chartley

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John de Ferrers, 3rd Baron Ferrers of Chartley (c. 1331 – 3 April 1367) was the son of Robert de Ferrers, 2nd Baron Ferrers of Chartley and Agnes (also known as Aeneas) de Bohun, a daughter of Humphrey de Bohun, 4th Earl of Hereford and Princess Elizabeth of Rhuddlan, a daughter of Edward I.

I should point out that Aeneas de Bohun was a son of the princess. But perhaps that’s the better merge option.

Eneas de Bohun

Сегодня в 1:59 до полудня

Here are comments at https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bohun-46 when they faced the same confusion:

Agnes de Bohun wasn't then name of a daughter of Humphrey de Bohun and Elizabeth Plantagenet, and it seems likely she has been confused with their son Aeneas or Eneas, and the two profiles should be merged.

From Robert Ferrers: "Complete Peerage (1st edn) says he was said to have married Agnes de Bohun, but her existence seems doubtful."

I think this profile is confused between Alianore de Bohun, who was the wife of Sir Robert de Ferrers of Chartley, the grandparents of Robert de Ferrers, 2nd Baron Ferrers of Charltey; AND Eneas or Aeneas de Bohun who was the son of Humphrey VIII de Bohun and Elizabeth Plantagenet. I can add sources for these facts. I think it would be easier to disconnect Robert Ferrers as spouse and merge this profile back into the son Eneas or Aeneas de Bohun.

Показаны все сообщения (3)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении