Kjetil Krok - Correction from an Internet user

Started by Mike Stangel on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Today at 5:58 AM

Greetings,

I work for Geni and we received the following correction for your consideration:

In the norwegian text it claims that relation to the Godwinson is correctly questioned simply for the reason that Snorre Sturlasson knew Skule Kongsforstre and would know of any kinship.
Skule Kongsfostre which is stated as the son of Tostig Godwinson and Judith of Flanders was born 1052
Snorre Sturlasson, the icelandic writer was born 1179. I would say his friendship to the Skule mentioned above could not have been too close.
However Skule Bårdsson was a friend of Snorre, which I have read about elsewhere, and fortunately for researchers makes it more believable since they lived at the same time period and Sturlasson stayed from time to time in Trøndelag, Norway where Skule Bårdsson lived most his life.

Until further documentation is provided I choose to believe that Skule Kongsfostre was the son of Tostig Godwinson.

I'm not sure where all the profiles mentioned are on Geni, but if this makes sense to you and you believe a correction is necessary, I and this writer would thank you for your attention to this matter.

Kind regards,

Mike at Geni

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion