Francis Constable - Bad Duplicate - Don't Merge

Started by Debbie Gambrell on today
Today at 11:05 AM

I received an email notification about this duplicate that needs merging, BUT when I checked it, it shows this:

Caution: Relationships are locked on the master profile for Francis Constable. Merging into this profile will automatically disconnect the immediate family of Francis Constable.

Francis Constable

The dates on the two Francis Constables match but they are connected to different parents. Both are married to Alice.

The Master Profile that has existed since 2007 has been curated and has plenty of profile notes, including the Wikipedia link that provides this info:

He was the son of Robert Constable and Margery Barker,

Francis Constable and his wife Alice had fifteen children

So I can only conclude that the newly created duplicate:

Francis Constable

is erroneously connected and/or another Francis Constable who may or may not have had a wife named Alice has been given the dates of the well-documented Francis Constable of the Master Profile

Francis Constable

So for anyone else getting the merge notification, don't merge them.

Private User needs to recheck the info for the Francis Constable profile he created Aug. 21, 2023 and put notes / documentation into that profile to avoid further confusion as to whether his Francis Constable is another same-name man born to the parents attached to that profile, because it's highly unlikely the two Francis Constables had the exact same dates of birth and death, even if both had a wife named Alice.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion