Начал Private User сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

• Private User
    Geni member

Упомянутые профили:

Private User
Сегодня в 6:51 после полудня

I would like to present some data I acquired this afternoon regarding the grandfather.

At the moment the GENI tree is showing Judah Leib Katz and Hesa Katz as the parents of Aharon Menachem HaCohen

The data I am referring to is described as follows by Rabbi Dr J Simcha Cohen

"HaRav HaGaon R. Shmuel HaKohen, my paternal grandfather, was seriously concerned with the genealogical roots of the family. In the introduction to his classic s'farim, he delineated direct relationships to various sages, spanning approximately 500 years of Jewish life. In addition he acquired the services of HaRav R. Avraham I'Tigna from Dukla, Galicia, a genealogical scholar and author of "Shem HaG'dolim" vol. III to research the family lineage. The results, entitled "Tipheret Avot" were published in "M'danai Shmuel" on Laws of Pesach." (SOURCE: Sh'Tar Yichus- L'Zecher Nishmot, document in the file entitled 'Burstein Family History, circa 1981' within the "Russler and Burstein family papers, 1930-1992” collection held by the Bienecke Library of Yale University under call number: YCAL MSS 1117 Box 9).

In this document there is the following entry for Aharon Menachem HaCohen father of Shalom Shachna Kahana RaSHaCH of Cracow

"HaGaon R. Aharon Menchem Katz (1835)
(Called R. Mendel, R. Zalman Hazzan)
(The Tipheret Avot, published in the M'danai Shmuel, contends
that R. Aharon Menachem was the grandson of R. Aaron Moshe
(d. 9 Adar 1616) who was the son of
HaRav HaGaon R. Yosef Katz"
[Note: the latter is She'erit Yosef)

So the data does not mention a father of Aharon Menachem HaCohen but does suggest that the grandfather is: Moses Aharon Moshe Katz Meanwhile, GENI is showing a father but no grandfather.

I'm wondering whether anyone has an opinion about whether it would be reasonable on this evidence to connect Judah Leib Katz as son of Moses Aharon Moshe Katz and thus complete the pedigree described above. In the alternative, perhaps it would be more reasonable to create a new son of unknown name who could be made to serve the role of connecting generation between Aharon Menachem HaCohen and Moses Aharon Moshe Katz

Thanks for the consideration.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении