Helvide ‘Hawise’ DU DONJON, Dame d'Yerres - Burial Place of Helvide

Начал Craig Andrew Miles сегодня
Сегодня в {hour}:41 до полудня

I havent read every word of the discussions posted by Erica Howton and others but I gather the gist is that there was a prior conflation of English and French Courtenays which has now been unravelled.

I am supposing that the listed burial place of Helvide as "Ford Abbey, Devon, England" is therefore a hangover from this and should be removed - I have no knowledge of European 12th century burial practices but presume it unlikely that with no immediate English relatives her body would not have been transported to Devon for burial.

I have left the place of birth though for now subject to wider agreeent,

Furthermore, I know that there are a number of geneaological sites which list Helvide's place of birth as "Donjon Castle, Corbeil, Yerre-Sur-Oise, France" but this seems incorrect to me and I have changed it to "Corbeil, Essonnes, Seine-et-Oise, France" for the following reasons.

There are no results on Google when searching for "Donjon Castle / Chateau" which is hardly surprising as this is tantamount to "Castle Castle" with donjon being the French word for the keep of a castle. Helvide Du Donjon I would suppose is a nickname with her father being the Seigneur of the Donjon de Corbeil.

I presume then, that even though she is called the Lady of Yerres, Yerres being a neighbouring town to Corbeil in Essonnes, she was actually born in Corbeil as there is no such place I believe as "Yerre-sur-Oise". Essonnes is located in the old departement of Seine et Oise although I dont know what the appropriate designation would be for the 12th century.

If anyone objects to this reasoning then please be my guest to revert.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении