Benjamin Seavey - Could Benjamin have a son named Benjamin?

Started by Susanne Floyd on Saturday, October 29, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
10/29/2022 at 7:16 PM

A question from Geni user Kimkberly Landon

I am wondering if Benjamin Seavey didn't have a son named Benjamin Seavey, born around 1690 and if this Benjamin Seavey married Mary Wallis in Portsmouth, NH in 1712.

I have hit a dead end with my Seavey line at Andrew Seavey 172901802, who lived in Pelham and married Mary/MollyLemon there on Christmas Day 1753. I know that his son, my ancestor Andrew Jr., moved to Warner, NH and that he was a younger son in need of land.. He seems to have had a brother Joseph who married Susanah Chase and had a son Benjamin in 1812.

I know that this Benjamin was form in Pelham from his daughter's 1886 death record. Her birth date, calculated from her age at death is circa 1847.

Is there any support for it?

This was a profile I inherited from someone as it interfaced with some of my family and I have done some work, but Erica Howton, do you have anything to add to this for the Geni user?

Thanks, I will look, as it was something I delved into whole-heartedly to pull up an antique map of New Hampshire,.

10/29/2022 at 7:19 PM

I think that some of these profiles of the Seavey family are old enough and sourced to the point of MPing if it can be done.

10/29/2022 at 9:40 PM

Done.

10/30/2022 at 9:41 AM

Thanks Erica Howton.

Kimkberly Landon I have added Benjamin Seavey II and wife Mary Wallis to the tree. I would recommend getting access to this book if you can:

Seavey Families of Rye, N.H. - REF CS71 .S401
Tallman, Louise H.

Record Type: Library

It may be able to help you connect your dots.

I am going to come back and add the other missing children listed on the profile. I just have to work on a report today.

10/30/2022 at 12:18 PM

I have a new theory about Andrew Seavey's origins. William Seavey who was married to Hannah Jackson in his Will written in 1728/9 confirms land grants to sons William and James. James married Abigail Pickering and died in Newcastle in 1755. He has a son James who would have been in the same generation as Andrew Sr. because he was born in 1723.

What makes me think that he could also be Andrew's father is that this James is listed as having sons named James, John and Joseph, all of which Andrew used along with Andrew & a couple of others.

James & Abigail also had a son whom they named William and he is the one referred to as III or Terbius. This would make his children cousins to Andrew Sr. & could explain why the daughter of William III, Mehitable Seavey Atwood and her husnad Joshua were living in Pelham where Andrew Sr. married Mary Lemon.

William & Hannah Jackson Seavey had other sons names in his Will who were to be given money by William & James who had received land. There is a connection to Bradford,MA which is near Worchester & the MA line so perhaps Pelham into a Seavey relative there.

I hope zi haven't bored you too much with this. I plan to go to Hampton, NH for Cto find the book at a library then.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion