Rabbi Moshe Yirmiyahu Gershon Hakohen Rappaport, Rosh Metivta in Vienna - Moses Cohen Rapa in Vienna

Начал Randy Schoenberg среда, 14 сентября 2022
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (4)
14.9.2022 в 5:55 после полудня

Is Rabbi Moshe Yirmiyahu Gershon Hakohen Rappaport, Rosh Metivta in Vienna supposed to be Moses Cohen Rapa ?

We need actual evidence for the children, because there was a lot of misinformation published in the late 19th century (as discussed by Wachstein) and so it isn't enough just to refer to someone's attempt at a family tree without historical sources.

Private User
вчера в 7:36 до полудня

There have been many books printed about ancestry about the Rapaport family that mention this connection but I have not seen any records or censuses for this family at that time in Italy.

I'm not sure if those two Moshe's are the same or different.

Private User
вчера в 7:53 до полудня

In Anaf Eitz Avot written by Shmuel Zanvel Kahana in 1903 (www.hebrewbooks.org/6392). He mentions on page 25 that Moshe Yirmiyah was a son of Simcha author of Kol Simcha. He quotes Yosef Kohen Tzedek in his book Dor Yesharim (https://www.nli.org.il/en/books/NNL_ALEPH001971683/NLI) written in 1898.
On page 6 foote note #3 he mentions that Moshe Yirmiyah Gershon was son of Simcha the author of Kol Simcha.

вчера в 6:40 после полудня

We need a source from before 1800. Otherwise it is just a guess, and as I said, Wachstein, who studied the actual Rapoport graves in Vienna and wrote about the family, had serious reservations about the claims made in those books written before 1910.

Показаны все сообщения (4)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении