Rabbi Akiva Hakohen Katz, ABD Saloniki (Alter of Salonika) - Consultation with Professor Micheal L. Miller

Начал Private User сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

• Private User
    Geni member

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Private User
Сегодня в 9:44 до полудня

I heard that Dr. Micheal Miller (Associate Professor Nationalism Studies Program / Jewish Studies Program Central European University
Quellenstraße 51, Vienna) is writing a book about the History of Hungarian Jewry.

Dr. Miller is the author of all these books:

Rabbis and Revolution: The Jews of Moravia in the Age of Emancipation (Stanford, 2011), Cosmopolitanism, Nationalism and the Jews of East Central Europe (Routledge, 2014), Moravští Židé v době emancipace (Nakladatelství Lidové Noviny, 2015), Zwischen Prag und Nikolsburg: Jüdisches Leben in den böhmischen Ländern (Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2019), Prague and Beyond: Jews in the Bohemian Lands (University of Pennsylvania, 2021)

So I asked Dr. Miller whether he could provide any information regarding the origins of Rabbi Akiva the Elder of Salonika (whose grandson is surely part of the history of Hungarian Jewry)..

His only reply was to ask whether I had checked: "Muneles's כתובות מבית-העלמין היהודי העתיק בפראג".

So I am posting this book reference here in the hopes that someone who can read Hebrew may be able to find and review this book for clues about R' Akiva's origins.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении