Amelia Isabel "Mollie" LeNoir House ("Running Wolf"(Westmoreland)) - Maiden name?? doesn't match father's name. And has unproven Indian nickname.

Начала Private User сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Private User
Сегодня в 2:41 до полудня

Her brother General William Lenoir was a Revolutionary War hero and about the wealthiest man in North Carolina. So there should be some real facts to make the connection.

I don't dispute that she is his sister (although without proof), my only concern is because an ancestry tree is showing her as my 5th g-grandmother except WITHOUT the inexplicable 'maiden name' ?/ Indian name combination and likewise without either of the nicknames given here (i.e. "Mollie?").

She's somehow become conflated with Amelia Lenoir House ... the latter is definitely no sister of General Wm. Lenoir.

According to ancestry through-lines in conjunction with the trees for two different cousin dna matches (one close, one distant) Amelia Lenoir's son, William G. House (allegedly my 4th g-grandparent with wife Olive Thornton) supposedly also had a Cherokee/Osage wife known only as "H" with whom he had a daughter named "Nancy Jane Vaughn (1831-1921)" not found in any records that I'm aware of.

.....Actually there is Nancy Jane Thompson but here on Geni she is (probably more accurately?) the NIECE of my alleged 4th g-grandfather, William G House ........So, yet another conflation of two different individuals (but that time on ancestry).

I found this 5th g-grandmother (Amelia Lenoir, under discussion here) with the ancestry tools including dna matches and through lines, and I'm not disputing that my distant half-cousin still living has NA ancestry (although the alleged ancestors' marriage/relationship may not be proven as of yet).

Only that Amelia herself apparently was NOT NA, despite having confusing nicknames and a completely non sequitur 'maiden name' for the full-blooded sister of a well documented Revolutionary War general and Colonial North Carolina statesman. And all the genealogical conflations on both websites, within one little branch.

There are extensive family papers for the Lenoirs which I have yet to locate and read, and I'm currently scouring NC wills and estates for more information. But I think we can all agree that her name, if anything, should be -- Amelia (Lenoir) House.

And although I am not totally convinced yet, another cousin (one I know personally and grew up with) has Malissa (House) Yarbrough Malissa Elizabeth Yarbrough in her ancestry tree as my 3rd g-grandmother (her 2nd).

So if that is true I would need to make corrections in my Geni tree. Because, I have someone else in that spot: Mary (Unknown) the wife of a different Yarbrough (both buried in our county in a cemetery that seems quite plausible): Mary A. Yarbrough .

I feel that my 1st cousin x1 knows at least as much or perhaps even more about our Yarbrough branch as I do, since her mother and my grandmother were full-blooded sisters. And being the g-niece of Gen. Wm. Lenoir certainly appeals to me, except I need proof before making such a drastic change.

Nevertheless, we are not connected here on Geni anyway, so that is not main purpose of this discussion. We simply need to correct Amelia's NAME first, before we can even consider possible blood kinships and lineages. Disentangle and free her from the tenacious doppelganger obfuscation. It's obvious they're not true duplicates (or even twins, for that matter), yet somehow they have morphed into a set of Doubles or Alternate Egos regardless. (Sorry for being a little overdramatic, it's just so frustrating.)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении