Начал Private User вчера
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (7)
Private User
вчера в 10:01 после полудня

Doesn't matter too much. Justing noting that the Oxford DNB differs a bit.

"Marshal, William [called the Marshal], fourth earl of Pembroke"

https://www.oxforddnb.com/view/10.1093/ref:odnb/9780198614128.001.0...

вчера в 11:02 после полудня

My direct ancestor. What a man, and very proud to have him as ancestor. , but less happy about having King Lackland John as a direct ancestkr

Private User
Сегодня в 5:49 до полудня

Courtesy fourth earl, de facto first earl of the second creation. The title went through five of his sons, all of whom died without heirs male; then it had to be re-created again for William de Valence (first earl of the third creation) and again for Laurence Hastings (first earl of the fourth creation), and so on until the tenth and current creation (Herbert family).

Only the Herberts managed more than three generations, and several creations were one-offs.

Сегодня в 6:59 до полудня

Thank you Private User for your response. It looked convoluted when I began researching.

Сегодня в 7:12 до полудня

This is very unusual , I must study it more

Private User
Сегодня в 2:43 после полудня

Thanks!
If the Oxford DNB subscription weren't more expensive than its worth would be to me, I would see what the webpage has to say. Maven give it all the clarity needed without paying $295.00 for a year or $29.95 a month for Oxford DNB access.

Maryanne Gilbert, I feel the same way. Finding oneself in peerage labyrinths inevitably leads to wincing discoveries. I breathed sighs of relief when lines ended circa 1500.

My mother was a Fuller—direct line to Edward Fuller of the Mayflower. About 20 Mayflower passengers and the "ship's pilot" John Clarke are in my direct lines. Shelley & Hunter related lines came from England & Scotland in the 19th century as rugged "commoners" before immigrating.

Private User
Сегодня в 4:47 после полудня

There was one time the title was created as "Marquess of Pembroke" - for Anne Boleyn. *That* one didn't last too long....

Показаны все сообщения (7)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении