Gerberge - B.date

Started by Livio Scremin on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Today at 10:55 AM

Date of birth was locked on "about.975" following wiki ENG & Medlands.
Today unlocked and changed to about.969 by Carl Gustav Verbraeken (then re-locked field again.. so it should be a certainty..)

Nothing terribly disastrous, but there have already been errors solved here, & now I don't see new notes, or more authoritative sources.. so I can only ask:
-are you still following https://www.genealogieonline.nl/families-klein-ree-ea/I43887.php again? [and therefore using the "elastic technique" to match dates?]
(because their cited marriage is 985? if so, look good there is the +/- symbol which should really stand for "about" ..Instead ML says just "991 or after" )

Today at 11:09 AM

Hi Livio,

Nothing special, but you have to know that we cannot allow impossible relationships.e.g. when there are birth year gaps of several decades between siblings. If such a situation happens, it means that one of the siblings has to have been an uncle or aunt . With or or without sources, we know it remains a hypothesis, but an impossibility ‘with’ sources is far worse, it makes Geni unscientific and untrustworthy. I’d -really- kindly ask you. If you see such a thing and you cannot resolve it yourself, ask me and we can make a consensus to make other users agree. I hope we can make progress. Kind regards, CGV

Today at 11:19 AM

bho.. maybe I wasn't clear enough:

if you use the dates offered and suggested by primary sources instead of online DIYs, I am not noticing any impossible relationships.

Today at 11:45 AM

I fully see what you mean. Today alone, I found 6 or 7 impossible relationships in that area, they can't be there forever, don't you think?

Today at 11:58 AM

yes yes OK I know & understand you too, think that I also gave a name to the "thing":

1) so you're going around checking the sources of those dates?,
2) or simply "pull as rubber bands" to make them match? :D

Today at 12:08 PM
Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion