Started by Private User on Thursday, February 24, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
2/24/2022 at 9:11 AM

A rare opportunity to evaluate one of the largest rabbnical family trees is presented. I am speaking of the Moshe I ben Abraham I Halevi Heller-Wallerstein tree. There are several living descendants along separate lines of Rabbi Shimshon HaLevi-Heller, (the Elder) of Stari Bohorodchany who is the 3x great grandson of the above R' Moshe (who was a Chief Rabbi of Germany in the 16th Century). The three lines include descendants of: Reb Aaron Moshe HaLevi Heller, of Sniatin Mordche Löwy and Avraham Filpisher Levy among others.

This opportunity is a perfect candidate for the rabbinical lineages project (https://www.geni.com/projects/Rabbinical-Lineages-yDNA-and-Haplogro...) and would probably generate enough interest to be funded by co-researchers. Any person who is interested in solidifying this lineage is welcomed and invited to initiate and manage a new project. Please contact me privately for further details.

1/9/2023 at 2:14 PM

If you have other grandchildren from Tos.-Yom-Tov who did a Y-DNA test, I can put you in touch with one of the Lowy family.
It is not 100% certain that R. Avraham Lovi was a son-after-son grandson of the Tos.-Yom-Tov.

Private User
1/9/2023 at 2:57 PM

The Geni yDNA report of Reb Aaron Moshe HaLevi Heller, of Sniatin says there are 127 possible descendants.

1/12/2023 at 3:20 PM

Moshe I ben Abraham I Halevi Heller-Wallerstein is my 12th great grandfather. I would be very interested in the results of this project.

I'm a descendant through a daughter of Yom Tov Lippman Heller - "Tosfot Yom Tov"

1/13/2023 at 12:26 AM

Private User

Moshe I ben Abraham I Halevi Heller-Wallerstein

He is my 12th great grandfather, and as you know I did take a DNA test. The connection to him is through my grandmother (and there are quite a few women along the way), if this will help the research, I can send the result of my test

I'm not good at DNA testing at all. In general, I received matches for over 230,000 people who are cousins up to 7th, even when I narrow the result down to cousins up to 4nd, I get a huge number of matches... I have no ability to check such a huge number of people

Private User
1/13/2023 at 7:39 AM

I too am interested in this result. What is needed is a person to initiate and manage the project. As of this writing nobody has expressed an interest and ability to accept the responsibility. I am managing several similar projects and cannot take on another.

Private User
1/13/2023 at 8:38 AM

He's also my 12th great-grandfather through my KAHAN family.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion