Rabbi Abraham Lazarus Bia Biha (Ashkenazi) - Father of Rabbi Mordecai Banet

Started by Dotty Brown on Friday, January 28, 2022
Showing all 2 posts
1/28/2022 at 2:30 PM

I'm tryiing to determine the birth and death dates of Avraham Lazarus Bia (Biha) (Ashkenazi), father of Rabbi Mordecai Banet, Chief Rabbi of Moravia from 1789-1829.
Some family trees say that Avraham, his father, was born in 1725. Others say 1712.
His death is particularly of interest. Some say he died in 1858. That was the same year his son, Mordecai Banet, age 5, was sent to live with his grandmother in Mikulov (then Nicholsburg.). Was he sent, in part, because Avraham had died? Or did Avraham die years later? Mordecai had siblings, according to Geni trees. Were any children of Avraham and his wife Fradel born after 1858. (There is a daughter supposedly born in 1859, but Fradel might have been pregnant.)
Any insights would be appreciated.
R' Abraham Lazarus (Biha) Banet (Ashkenazi)

4/22/2022 at 5:32 AM

I'm reposting this in hopes of getting more response, also to correct the date of death of Abraham Bia, father of Mordecai Banet, Chief Rabbi of Moravia.

Dotty Brown
1/28/2022 at 5:30 PM
Report | Delete
I'm tryiing to determine the birth and death dates of Avraham Lazarus Bia (Biha) (Ashkenazi), father of Rabbi Mordecai Banet, Chief Rabbi of Moravia from 1789-1829.
Some family trees say that Avraham, his father, was born in 1725. Others say 1712.
His death is particularly of interest. Some say he died in 1758. That was the same year his son, Mordecai Banet, age 5, was sent to live with his grandmother in Mikulov (then Nikolsburg.). Was he sent, in part, because Avraham had died? Or did Avraham die years later? Mordecai had siblings, according to Geni trees. Were any children of Avraham and his wife Fradel born after 1858? (There is a daughter supposedly born in 1859, but Fradel might have been pregnant.)
Any insights would be appreciated.
R' Abraham Lazarus (Biha) Banet (Ashkenazi)

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion