Alicia Calvert (Crossland) - Alice/Alicia Crossland

Started by Joanne Calvert on Saturday, January 22, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
1/22/2022 at 1:26 PM

There are several errors in this write-up; First, Alicia Crossland was the daughter of John Crossland and Alicia Hawksworth. She had no brothers, thus as the oldest, her father's heir allowing her grandson Cecil to quarter the Crossland and Calvert arms. After her death, Leonard Calvert married Grace Crossland, the daughter of Thomas Crossland and Joanna, presumably Hawksworth. Currently, there are only 2 proven children of Leonard and Alice, Sir George, Christopher and Dorothy. at this time, no others have be substantively proven

Their son George was the only one knighted and therefore called Sir, Leonard was not, nor was the remaining Lords Baltimore.

Joanne Calvert

2/14/2022 at 4:55 PM

Cross reference:

https://www.geni.com/discussions/245585?msg=1543635

Alicia Crossland is the daughter and heir of John Crossland and Alice Hawksworth.; she had no brothers. Therefore, Cecil was able to quarter the Crossland and Calvert arms, as seen in the Maryland flag. After Aicia's death, Leonard married her cousin, Grace Crossland, the daughter of Thomas and Joanna Crossland. She was not the heir of her father and had no right to arms. She is the one, however, that is mentioned in the High Commision's investigation of non-conformity to religion.

After 30 or more years of research, the only children I have proved for Leonard and Alicia are George, Christopher and Dorothy. Evidently, there were no children from the marriage of Leonard and Grace.

——

Currently too many children are attached to Alicia Calvert & Leonard Calvert as well as too many siblings for Alicia, and Grace Crossland has disappeared.

Will work on this and advise when done.

2/15/2022 at 5:49 AM

oops. I forgot to mention there is a third proven child, Dorothy. Many assign Mary wife of Isaac Chapline , as also a member of this family. However, after 30 years of research, I cannot prove it. Mary was the widow of Rev. Thomas White (He died before she reached Virginia) and also on the voyage was Isaac Chapline, They married shortly thereafter. I have not found the marriage record with hopefully, her married name.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion