Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (9)
вчера в 2:38 после полудня

Someone has worked on "my" MARTIN line at FamilySearch and it now shows "Ka Okee Powhatan MY 11TH GREAT-GRANDMOTHER"

They made the parents of John Martin, Il

John Martin Sr.
1630–1715 • G8X8-N9N​​
Marriage: about 1652
and
Christian Pettus
1636–1701 • L2XG-QVP

with Ka Okee the mother of Christian Pettus.

I have asked for John Martin, Il 's date of birth to be corrected which would coincidentally make it the same as that of his FS but I do NOT believe/trust the FS claim that he is the grandson of KaOkee .

Thank you.

вчера в 4:32 после полудня

Ka Okee "Jane" Pettus Is a controversial “person of legend” and does not have descent on Geni.

Good luck with FamilySearch.

вчера в 4:49 после полудня

We actually have some information about Ann, mother of your John Martin. She remarried to Peter Johnson.

Ann Johnson

Notes

1663-1668 Old Rappahannock County, Virginia Deed Book 3; [Antient Press]; Page 463-464 KNOW ALL MEN by these presents that I ANN MARTYN Widdow Doe by these presents make and Ordeyne DR. RICHARDSON my true & lawfull Attorney for the Recording of six head of catle in manner and forme following Vizt, two heifers with Calfe the one Cole Black and the other Browne and a Browne yearling cropt on both Eares and underkeeled on the right eare to be recorded for the use of JOHN MARTYN the Sone of JOHN MARTYN Deced MOREOVER one Red pyed Heifer & one pyed black heifer and one cole black heifer yearling marked as abovesd only one under-keele in the left eare more then aforesd to be recorded for KATH: MARTYN Daughter of the aforesd John Martyn deced WITTNESSETH my hand this 30th of June 1668. Test JOHN DEANE. Ann Martyn

Old Rappahannock County, Virginia Wills JOHNSON, PETER, 4 December, 1683; 2 January, 1683/4.

My will is that my son-in-law Jno Martin go free and be for himself and that he have the tuition of my son Peter Johnson until he be twenty years of age alwaies Provided that the said John Martin give my son Convenient Education and Maintenance and take no ill Courses wherein if he falters in any Respect my will is that my executor James Jackson to take my son Peter into his Guardianship and that he remains with my executor the terme aforesaid. All my estate to my son Peter Johnson to remaine in the custody of he that keeps my Child Care being taken to pay my debts. Executor my friend James Jackson.

References

вчера в 5:00 после полудня

Thank you so much, Erica Howton

вчера в 6:52 после полудня

I would research the writings of William Deyo, Tribal Historian of the Patawomeck Tribe on this topic.

вчера в 7:07 после полудня

Yes, I’m familiar with his work. We don’t agree on this family.

вчера в 7:08 после полудня

I have nothing but appreciation for Mr. Deyo, he’s a lovely and helpful person. Just don’t find the evidence holds up in this particular instance.

вчера в 9:57 после полудня

In fact, Ka Okee is theoretically associated with an entirely different Martin family.

Christian Waddington

Is theorized as daughter of Col. Thomas Pettus &
Ka Okee "Jane" Pettus

Christian married 1) John Martin, I and 2)
Francis Waddington, I

As you can see, these are not the same Martin’s.

Показаны все сообщения (9)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении