Jacob Trumbo, I - Jacob Trumbo 1

Started by Karl Raymond Kiser on Saturday, January 8, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
1/8/2022 at 10:14 AM

We should be careful about our ancestor's birthplace and whether the 1710 link to the father is correct. What we do know is our ancestor Jacob Trumbo was in now Rockingham (then Augusta County) County, VA by 1750.

We also do not know if the Turnbough family is related to the Trumbo family. I know of no y-dna test which show a common male ancestor.

1/8/2022 at 2:56 PM

Hi Karl,

I think I solved the problem with the Turnbough that was connected to the Tumbo tree.

Now there's a remaining conflict up higher in the Tumbo tree. Andreas Trumbo

We could really use some sources added to this section of the tree.

1/8/2022 at 5:53 PM

This is where the cross over starts with the Trumbo and Turnbow/Turnbough trees. From here up both are claiming to be descended from the same family. Anyone have any primary sources to prove which family they belong to? Or any primary sources to prove that they are part of the same family?

John/Hans Jacob Turnbough

Jacob Trumbo, I

1/9/2022 at 8:17 AM

I know little of the Turnbow or Turnbough family. They seem to think Andrew Turnbow and Andrew Trumbo are one and the same person (both sons of Jacob Trumbo 1). But I have seen no good evidence either primary or y-dna (Familysearch and Ancestry are highly suspect). There is a y-dna match between descendants of Andrew Trumbo (KY) and Jacob Trumbo (jr) (VA).

The Simmendinger register lists Andreas Trum wife and children arriving in NY 1710. One child is Jacob Trum but we do not know if this is Jacob Trumbo 1.

Two other Trumbo groups exist in the United States. The Baltimore Trumbos (MD) and the Montgomery county Trumbos (PA). Again we do not know how these groups relate to Jacob Trumbo 1 (VA).

1/9/2022 at 9:55 AM

Karl Raymond Kiser

If they are just trees that have no primary sources attached it doesn't qualify as proof. Has DNA proven that the Baltimore MD, Montgomery, MD, and Rockingham VA are related? Do you have a DNA match link we can attach to these profiles?

I have linked the Turnbow profile to this discusion so that we can allow them to also supply primary sources or DNA evidence.

1/9/2022 at 10:03 AM

The Pennsylvania Trumbo familt group you mentioned?
Joseph H. Trumbo

1/10/2022 at 7:31 PM

Joseph H. Trumbo may be part of the PA group although the Geni tree shows his father as born in England.

FTDNA has a couple of y-dna samples but they are of the VA family (Andrew & Jacob jr) not the MD and PA families.

The best secondary source on the family is: The Trumbo Family--Conrad W. Feltner (1974). He did a good job prior to computers. CWF (1940-2007) I do not know where his records might be kept. The book is almost all about the VA branch from Jacob Trumbo 1.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion