Eustachie de Champagne (de Blois), Countess of Essex - Eustachie de Champagne's parents

Started by Mary Elizabeth Northrup on Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Showing all 4 posts

Could someone check the research for me please. Current theory is that Eustace de Blois and an unknown Mistress was the parents of Eustachie. FL Weis also lists the following:

Line 169A
25. STEPHEN OF BLOIS, King of England (169-25), b. 1095/6, d. 25 Oct. 1154; m. abt. 1119, MATIIDA OF BOULOGNE (158-24).
26. EUSTACE IV, Count of Boulogne, 1150, son and h. app., b. abt. 1120, d.v.p. 10 Aug. 1153; m. abt. Feb. 1140, Constance, d. abt. 1180 s.p., dau. of LOUIS VI (101-24), King of France. Eustace had by unknown mistress,
27. EUSTACHIE, of Champagne, d. bef. 1164; m. (1) Geoffrey de Mandeville, d.s.p., Earl of Essex, (div.); m. (2) Anselme Candavaine, Count of Saint-Pol, son of Hugh III Candavaine. (ES III.4/622).

Thank you,
Mary

Not much hard information on Eustachie, whoever she was. She seems to have been some kind of relative of Henry II of England, at least according to the "Chronicle of Walden" (but when was that written, and was the record contemporary?). But how and in what degree, deponent sayeth not.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the information. I know she is one of those weird "do they exist" people.
Thank you,
Mary

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion