Katherine Isham (Banks) - Is this correct?

Started by Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A", GEDMATCH GQ346442C1 on Monday, January 3, 2022
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts

Katherine Isham had 1 child between the ages of 11 and 15 years old.
Tip: Correct the birth date of Katherine Isham (born 1627) or the following child:
Mary Royall

She had a child at 11 years old?

1/3/2022 at 7:38 PM

It's not terribly uncommon for women back then to have had children by age 15. But I don't know her info since she's on my son's paternal side.

However, I pulled up her Find-a-Grave page and the oldest child listed there would have been born when she was 15, if the info is correct:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/6537631/katherine-royall_isham

Thank you Debbie Gambrell. Yeah, but the date given for her daughter Mary would put her at 11. Plus, I posted because everything is locked on profile.

1/4/2022 at 12:03 AM

Maybe that one isn't her child. We frequently see children connected to the wrong parents. I really don't know the lines well enough to say.

Yes, that is highly possible.

1/4/2022 at 8:30 AM

Dig deeper, there’s good biography in the profile for Capt. Joseph Royall, Jr.

Joseph was married three times. His first wife's given name was Tomasin. She had died by 1637, when Joseph married his second wife, Ann. Joseph claimed headrights for both women, but their surnames were not listed in the patents.

I moved Mary Royall over as daughter of Thomasin Royall

There are many sites given in Joseph’s bio to try and ascertain Mary’s dates and fate.

Thank you aA

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion