Maria Russaar, SM/PROG - When did Maria Russaar, SM/PROG die ?

Started by J P Weyers on Thursday, November 25, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts
11/25/2021 at 11:02 PM

Thank you.

4/9/2022 at 1:36 AM

Why German ?

I don't understand

J P Weyers
4/9/2022 at 1:45 AM

The source from -- Dr. J. Hoge, Personalia of the Germans at the Cape, 1652-1806,

Her 2 husbands German or maybe just van Eeden ?

4/9/2022 at 1:46 AM

cf Pierre Rousseau, SV/PROG
http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/g7/p7544.htm
I can't see any reason they shouldn't be brother and sister - on same ship coming out - but no reason, equally, why the relationship is siblings.

4/9/2022 at 2:08 AM

Both from MER- BLOIS: http://huguenots-france.org/france/refuge/afrique_sud/embarques.htm

Seems the most likely connection - although cousins did come out together - as did in-laws.

I've linked them.

4/9/2022 at 3:42 AM

Not sure you'll be able to prove much with the mtDNA though.

4/10/2022 at 5:46 AM

Hello J P Weyers

Why have entire sections of FFY profile of this individual been lifted and pasted here?? Is this being done on other profiles as well?

Please remove
Delia

4/10/2022 at 6:10 AM

This is a Discussion, Delia - not a publication. He's using your work as part of an argument and making it perfectly clear that he is doing that and acknowledging you. Neither he nor Geni are profitting from it. In fact, the only benefit is to you as it advertises your site.
Your work is in the public domain: if you expect it not to be discussed by academics you need to remove it from the internet altogether.

4/10/2022 at 6:16 AM

Once he's seen this, I'll remove it - because it matters little either way; except in that it speaks to an ungenerous attitude to academic discussion that I do not believe is of intellectual benefit to anyone working in this field.

I've seen you benefit from DNA uploaded and propagated here by Geni users, and have been very happy that you do so, as it widens the cirlce of academic minds focused on the issues.

J P Weyers
4/10/2022 at 6:48 AM

Thank You Sahron --- was actually acknowledging FFY data as a valued source.
Umpteen similar on Geni. WIKITREE and familysearch.org
Just using it as Delia have done herself and other users here on GENI in other discussions re other profiles here on GENI.

Will remove it , no intensed misuse of information intended and FFY acknowledged.

J P Weyers
4/10/2022 at 6:52 AM

Delia -- look at overview of profile ; have acknowledged and thanked FFY as source.

Pity and strange you feel this way being acknowledged and thanked for information.

J P Weyers
4/10/2022 at 6:54 AM

Familysearch.org information continously being used by FFY I have noticed as GENI does as well.

Thank you to all who is working so hard here. You all amaze me with your experience and knowledge! Wish I could fast forward myself!

J P Weyers
4/10/2022 at 9:35 PM

Information we find from primary sources does not become our property.
Most if not all of the information on First Fifty Years Project actually come from other primary sourcs accesible and avaliable to any of usand is not the property of FFY .
No need to acknowledge FFY just the actual real orgin of information. Just a courtesy we have been doing.
The real source needs to be noted as reference.

4/11/2022 at 2:00 AM

J P Weyers Actually you misunderstand the concept of copyright BUT more much importantly respect for others' work. You lifted well more than 50% of one profile that I created and published after researching and compiling the data. That is way beyond fair use. It does not matter that it is in a discussion - others reading that discussion can then equally just cut and paste the information as you have posted it without knowing anything about FFY, or ever bothering to visit FFY nor affording FFY the benefit of visits to site - and probably not acknowledging FFY. Those baptism sentences you cut and paste refer to a lot of people, not just Maria Russaar.

If the number of visitors to FFY becomes less and less because my work - not the facts themselves - but my work is copied and pasted here, there and everywhere, please tell me what my motivation should be in keeping the website up and running and doing more and more research every damn day?

4/11/2022 at 2:02 AM

Sharon Doubell I am not going to respond to you because as so often you caste personal aspersions and insults.

J P Weyers
4/11/2022 at 2:09 AM

Hubris

J P Weyers
4/11/2022 at 2:15 AM

Hopefully more people would recognize thet real origin of information . The true sources

Thanks to Familysearch.org that ask us nothing yet gives freely.

Will use real primary sources and not personal compilations of information originally from true sources.
Will acknowledge them and give as reference of original information.
As far as I know woeds are not owbed by anyone

J P Weyers
4/11/2022 at 2:48 AM

Delia -- your comments re,Sharon Doubell actually applies to you not her.
Have seen this often in other discussions you try to manipulate and control.
Keptc quiet thn but no more.
I assure you will not use FFY or refer to your site or refer anyone else to your site from now on
Hopefully you will come to understand the concept of working together to achieve something as time moves on.

4/11/2022 at 3:14 AM

J P Weyers This is rich coming from you when I spent weeks and money tracking down, obtaining permission and then incorporating the Arnoldus Coevoet;s family letters and further researched that entire family [ongoing] because you had questions about them. Which since I announced on Geni much was done, you have yet to acknowledge.

J P Weyers
4/11/2022 at 3:32 AM

In discussion my thanks to you.
Maybe you missed it

J P Weyers
4/11/2022 at 3:35 AM

Delia -- Not to worry will not ask you or bother you again.
Also send you a personal message thanking you for all your help and input then.

J P Weyers
4/11/2022 at 4:53 AM

Delia Roberts -- 21/01/2022 at 09::53 am I thanked and complimented you on that discussion.
So please .
Also apply what you demand to be removed here on other discussions on Geni and on your own FFY site as well.

4/11/2022 at 7:59 AM

Delia Robertson whether or not I use info from your FFY profiles, I inevitably put a link to your FFY profile on every Geni profile I can from this era. I do that as an endorsement of the excellence of your product, and as an advertisement for your site in acknowledgement of your hard work

If we find something here that I think may interest you for one of your profiles, I always try to alert you. I do this because I think you'll be interested - not because I want you to do work for us. That's my idea of academic collaboration. If users in Discussions occassionally cut too much from your page in an attempt to quickly present your stance, I'd like to suggest that the traffic we go out of our way to send your way at every opportunity far outweighs these occasional oversights.

J P Weyers
4/11/2022 at 8:58 AM

I also don't like or accept being accused of being a thief ortrying to steal anyyhthing belonging to Delia Robertson.

I take exception too Delia Robertson accusing me of bad intentions and being a malicious thief plus not thanking her in another discussion January 2022 when I actually thanked and complimented her there.
She is being malicious here.
Sharon akso look at what is taken verbatim from FFY in other discussions here on GENI and Delia then had NO objections..None at all in discussions re Louis van Bengale .what iif some evil person had taken anything from there -----

4/12/2022 at 1:04 AM

J P Weyers Please provide links to examples of such

J P Weyers
4/12/2022 at 1:12 AM

No more mucking in mud for me .

4/12/2022 at 1:34 AM

J P Weyers then stop complaining, If you will not back up your allegation with evidence I can't help you. And while you're at it, stop ranting to and about me in various discussions. If you don't stop, I will report you to Geni.

J P Weyers
4/12/2022 at 2:09 AM

Delia Robertson -- you caste personal aspersions and insults.

Today at 10:34 AM

Phillipp Weyers (R-U106) then stop complaining, If you will not back up your allegation with evidence I can't help you. And while you're at it, stop ranting to and about me in various discussions. If you don't stop, I will report you to Geni.

J P Weyers
4/12/2022 at 2:12 AM

Phillipp Weyers (R-U106) PRO
Today at 11:11 AM
Report | Delete

17/1/2022 at 1:22 PM
Report | Delete

Thank You Delia for all your input here.
also thx Ian and Sharon ( what will I do -- )
21/1/2022 at 9:53 AM
Report | Delete

Delia -- have to say this. Been thinking even with all the information on FFY ( Free for anyone to access) you are still able to hear questions about individuals origins and conflicting information. Even challenging and changing your own information.
So rare on GENI where too many believe they own information and can not be challenged just because of whom they are.

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion