Abraham Cuper (Cooper) - Please provide evidence that this person is (1) Choctaw and (2) Jewish

Started by Hatte Blejer (absent until Nov 1) on Monday, November 22, 2021
Showing all 5 posts
11/22/2021 at 4:29 PM

This profile has been added to the Jewish Choctaw project on Geni. I have not seen any persuasive evidence that there were Jewish Choctaws and the Overview (About) of this individual does not provide such evidence.

(1) mtDNA mutates very slowly so if the claim is that the mtDNA is the evidence for being Jewish, that is impossible. If the large haplogroup, such as J or J1 or J2 is from the Near East, it is from very ancient times, well before there was a Jewish religion or Jewish people. And millions of people who are of European descent share these haplogroups because in ancient times Near Eastern people settled in Europe.

From Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_J_(mtDNA)

Within Europe, >2% frequency distribution of mtDNA J is as follows:[11]

J* = Ireland — 12%, England-Wales — 11%, Scotland — 9%, Orkney — 8%, Germany — 7%, Russia (European) — 7%, Iceland — 7%, Austria-Switzerland — 5%, Finland-Estonia — 5%, Spain-Portugal — 4%, France-Italy — 3%
J1a = Austria-Switzerland — 3%
J1b1 = Scotland — 4%
J2 = France-Italy — 2%
J2a = Homogenously spread in Europe; absent in the nations around the Caucasus; not known to be found elsewhere.[2]
J2b1 = Virtually absent in Europe; found in diverse forms in the Near East.[2]
J2b1a = Found in Western Europe and Russia.[2]

Private
11/22/2021 at 4:51 PM

Nothing in the About section is referring to mtDna.
It is a ydna line.

Private
11/22/2021 at 4:57 PM

This person was not Choctaw. He was added to the project because we tracked the progenitors of the those with filMontvbe' "Jewish Choctaw" as known by the, then Bogue Chitto Community. We chose 10 profiles. Not all are Choctaw. It is a project to track their transfer as a community and where they picked up Choctaw was in MS.

11/22/2021 at 6:03 PM

Can you give details of the Y-DNA please? From the other discussion, belonging to a J1 or J2 haplogroup does not equal having Jewish ancestry. Many men in Southern Europe and the Balkans, as well as elsewhere, belong to these haplogroups.

12/7/2021 at 8:57 PM

David Cremeans.Abraham Cuper(Cooper) is listed as my 7x great-grandfather. Was he a Spanish land claimant, Portuguese or Shepardic Jewish? My family claims Portuguese. According to MyHeritage, I have Balkan DNA. On other tests, I showed Spanish/ Morrocan and Iberian as population matches. Is Abraham from the same Copper family that was in Horry Co the Dimery Settlement? They were very migratory for sure. If anyone can provide more information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion