Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash's Native American Ancestry

Started by Stephen Daniel Harper on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-46 of 46 posts

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Kegel-47 SHOWS a third wife but NO source for her. A word search yields NO result for the word third...
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Wilhelm-237 is 100% UNSOURCED:
Biography
Margaretha Unknown ... She passed away in 1724. [1]

No more info is currently available for Margaretha Unknown. Can you add to her biography?

Sources
Travis Wagner, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by Travis and others.
↑ Entered by Travis Wagner, Apr 15, 2012

My husband's great grandmother was a Cagle

Today at 5:05 PM

Here’s a (duplicate?) Elizabeth Young

Erica Howton only if we can decide did she marry once, twice, three times.
I could not find her married to Dempsey Honeycutt but he may be a different Dempsey than who is here on Geni. I used to only look for direct lines and only added siblings if I hit a brick wall. Now I focus on Family Groups. Those FG Sheets are very important

Today at 5:14 PM

Just changed great grandparents for Johnny Cash as per notes seen at profile, so they need to be checked / built out.

Johnny Cash is Philip James Hurst, (CSA)'s great grandson.

His newly connected parents are Isaac W. Hurst & Henrietta Hurst

(It’s probably not a big change).

Her About says: Elizabeth Cagle
Birth: Apr 14 1789 - Moore, North Carolina, USA
Death: 1840 - Mountain View, Izzard Co, Arkansas, USA
seen as Parents: George Cagle, Rebecca Cagle
seen as Siblings: Elizabeth Cagle, David B. Cagle, Henry Cagle, Leonard Cagle, Benjamin Franklin Cagle, John M. Cagle, Isaac Cagle, Susannah Cagle, Jacob Cagle, Charles Robert Cagle, Adam Cagle, Rebecca N Whitley (born Cagle)
Husband: Peter Young
Husband: Dempsey Honeycutt

FYI-- Rev Isaac Cagle 1817-1877 is my husband's direct. There is also a 1843 Isaac and a 1866 Isaac. I do not know of a 1700's Isaac Cagle

https://www.myheritage.com/matchingresult-20d097b04977bddd53746d748... Smart matches on her profile shows three MyH trees with an Isaac and one of them has Isaac twice

Two of those trees is owned by one person. So basically two MyHeritage trees.

Today at 5:50 PM

Based on thIs letter, Elizabeth Cagle Hager is with the right origin family, and the locations match with Rebecca Hagler Overton, but so far, the dates do not work. Need the rest of Elizabeth’s children. I think she has another daughter who married another Overton.

—-

https://wc.rootsweb.com/trees/104973/I6544/george-cagle/individual

The only clue to contents of the George Cagle estate comes from a brief mention in the Benjamin Cagle letter of 1826. The following letter was sent by Benjamin Cagle 1774-1843 of Montgomery Co., NC, to his brother David Cagle and his sister Elizabeth Cagle Hagler, wife of Jacob Hagler, all of Henry Co., GA. The impression given is Benjamin's letter was enclosed with the letter from his mother, Rebecca (see notes on Rebecca). The text of Benjamin's letter, which deals largely with the settlement of his deceased father's estate, reads as follow:

Brothers and Sisters and families:

"I write these few lines to you to let you know that we are all well at this time but has been very sickly this fall. We lost one of the family this fall he was about two years old a black boy. The above is sufficient for you to read and now I come to write you how Father's concerns stands. He left one horse, two cows, and all household furniture to Mother and all the rest to be equally divided except twenty dollars over and above to Robert and I and George. I expect to be ready by next October to make settlement with the Legatees and I should be glad that you could come out then as the amount of the sale was only one hundred fifty one or two dollars. I understand that Jacob Hagler and Elizabeth is a coming out here this winter but I want them to come next fall as he wrote to send him word whether or not there was any critters left for him. No there is none but one and that is left to mother.

"So no more at present but remain your affectionate brother until death.

“Benjamin Cagle," To Mr. David Cagle, State of Georgia Henry County and Elizabeth Hagler. (Note the word "creter" may mean "Critter or Creature" i.e., animal.) The person who is referred to as "father" in Benjamin's letter obviously was George Cagle, who had died in 1825.

Today at 7:14 PM

I hope you work on the King Hagler profile, Linda.

I just found the smoking gun to show Rebecca Overton as child of this Jacob Hagler

1810 Federal Census Lancaster County, South Carolina. The family of Jacob Hagler. Jacob Hagler (01010/0201000) Jacob age 26-44 - wife, age 26-44 - children: boy age 10-15 (Abram) 2 girls age 10-15 (Rebecca and Susannah)

Susanna Hagler married John Overton, Jr.

Rebecca Hagler married his brother James Overton

And Elizabeth Hagler must have been a step mother, because the I don’t think the Cagles were in South Carolina. And her age reference, making her too young to be the mother of two girls marrying brothers in 1817 in Jasper County, Georgia.

Wow, we just extended Johnny Cash!

Today at 7:16 PM

Johnny’s Hagler is Swiss.

John Hagler

Showing 31-46 of 46 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion