Cecily Phippen (Jordan) - Dates?

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Thursday, October 21, 2021
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
10/21/2021 at 12:31 PM

I removed extra parents from Thomas Jordan, Jr. -- are all three wives correct? Refreshing after disconnecting removed the yellow triangle but I am seeing an issue here and do not know if they are related to the merge in the other part of the family:

Consistency Check:Thomas Jordaine, of Dorset is under 12 years old for the birth of his child Cecily Phippen (Jordan).

10/21/2021 at 12:34 PM

Someone may wish to merge Thomas Jordaine, of Dorset and Thomas Jordaine, of Dorset and Agnes Jordan and Agnes Jordan but are 1500's and also have differnt dates so I thought I would just disconnect since we have locked parents.

I am wondering if Cecily Phippen 's dates have changed or father's.

This is a direct line for me.
Thank you.

10/23/2021 at 4:10 AM

Ceciley Phippen was born in Dorset and was a distant relative of Samuel Jordan of Jordan's Journey. She married a man called Thomas Reynolds,. In about 1600 they had a daughter called Ceciley for her mother. In 1610 they took ship for Virginia, The Swan as far as I remember the ship sailed from Tilbury. That London by the way. Some time after their arrival young C. All the dates Ceciley married a chap called Bailey. they had a daughter called Temperance. Mr Bailey died. So cecily remarried Samuel Jordan, taking her daughter Temperance Bailey with her. They had two daughters one born postumously after Samuel died. She went on to marry a bloke called Ferrar All the dates are available and if no one else can be bothered I will take to my files. I believe you will find then on the passenger list of the Swan
Jude Ince

10/23/2021 at 8:22 AM

Different Cecily married Bailey and Jordan

10/23/2021 at 8:24 AM

and Farrar

I am descended from Cecily Jordan who married Phippen.
I think the name must have been more common in that era and certainly was in that place.
I would LOVE to be descended from Cicely unknown the Ancient Planer. She was apparently quite a fascinating character!

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion