Started by Private User on Sunday, September 19, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

• Cropped from Photo by Regine Mahaux. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States license. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Melania_Trump_official_portrait.jpg

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
9/19/2021 at 5:23 PM

I don't see how Melania Trump classifies as a manufacturing jeweller and I also don't see how some models who have a stake in an internet jewellery business can be included in this project as jewellers. This project should be limited to persons who make or made jewellery. Otherwise close it down.

Private User
9/19/2021 at 7:39 PM

Melania Trump, 42nd First Lady of the United States has led multiple businesses, one of which was a jewellery company that she co-designed and operated for years.

Harry Winston designed almost none of his items once he made it big; they were designed by subordinates. Same with Vera Wang. But would we revoke their status because they weren't personally overseeing every item? That's a very slippery slope to head down.

Personal opinions should never come into play with matters like this. Regardless of what anyone thinks of her, or of her husband's politics, Melania Trump is recognized as a jeweller and should remain in the project. Keep it factual and neutral.

Private User
9/23/2021 at 1:19 PM

Thanks for the information. The About section on her profile does not mention anything about jewellery design and I had never heard of this before- the media only refer to her as a clothes model. I've learned something today- perhaps her profile should mention her jewellery-making expertise.

Private User
9/23/2021 at 1:27 PM

I have sent some suggested text to the profile managers as the profile is locked, using information on https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/watches/article/3094346/how-mu...

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion