Colonel William Ball of Millenbeck - Tree correcting needed

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, September 9, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

9/9/2021 at 10:23 PM

From National Society of Washington Family Descendants, September 6, 2021

I have had the opportunity to review the Preliminary Pedigree that you sent to me. I am afraid that there are several issues.

First, the daughter of Colonel Joseph Ball and (1) Elizabeth Rogers/Romney who married Colonel Edwin Conway according to the work of Rev. Horace Hayden, Virginia Genealogies, page 58, number 18, is Anne and not Sarah Ann. In addition, Anne Conway is named in the Will of Joseph Ball (pages 58 and 59).

Next, there is a daughter of Colonel Edwin Conway and (1) Anne Ball named Elizabeth. She is listed in Hayden, page 243, number 11. However, she married Christopher Garlington. Further, her entry in Hayden, page 244, number 11, cites the marriage and names her children on page 245, none of whom are named James B. Breeden/Breeding.

At this juncture, we cannot move forward with the application process. Virginia Genealogies by Rev. Horace Hayden, published by Genealogical Publishing Company of Baltimore, Maryland, 1966 is the accepted published work for the Ball Family by the Society. I

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion