Josselin II de Courtenay, 1st count of Edessa - line numbering

Started by Livio Scremin on Monday, August 16, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
8/16/2021 at 5:23 PM

I know it sounds strange, but his father is --> Joscelin I, seigneur de Courtenay {OK}
this his son is --> Joscelin I, count of Edessa (C edit display name locked from II to I)
..then the numbering continues regular (now:).
(in truth nothing strange, you will often find numbering re-starting over when the line changes place, or increases in degree:)
{[do not make me remember the numbers of the Guy of Nantes who go to Spoleto.. with the 3rd older than the 2nd >.<]}

anyway if we want to stay aligned with all the historians, Wikis, Medlands etc etc, without inventing our own personalized numbering..
just scale the locked display name of this https://www.geni.com/people/Josselin-II-de-Courtenay-1st-count-of-E... , from II to I.

all the rest of the line is fine..
[..needless to specify that it was not so quick to unravel this little detail .. while I was trying to orient myself among the primary sources to insert them^^']

8/18/2021 at 6:36 PM

He’s the 2nd Joscelin but the 1st count, so to me, the name is constructed correctly, but this is why we have display name & AKA - to match Wikipedia & therefore we can find them. So done.

8/18/2021 at 7:00 PM

yes yes i know..
I disentangled that line from the conflicts 3 years ago, that name was mine .. I know it's not wrong :D

this is a passage of perfection 3 years of experience later:
any source for Joscelin II, leads to the son... so right now i'm thinking that

name: Josselin de Courtenay, Jr (or II but on suffix just in this medieval case)
display name: Josselin I, count of Edessa (OK perfect)

8/18/2021 at 7:03 PM

Joscelin II, count of Edessa - I see the problem. How about no number for the 1st count?

8/18/2021 at 7:24 PM
8/18/2021 at 7:50 PM

I’m happy with it now.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion