Robert E. Lee - Robert E Lee line needs Fixed

Started by T-lo Tina Ann Cavitt on Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Photo by Julian Vannerson. Public domain. Library of Congress via Wikimedia Commons, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Robert_Edward_Lee.jpg

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
8/11/2021 at 8:52 AM

Problem may be in the merge done July 3.
The profile merge into the master had his full siblings as half and didn't include the true half siblings.
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=80367877450

Private User
8/11/2021 at 7:29 PM
Private User
8/11/2021 at 7:36 PM

This is an issue to report to one of the professionals. It sounds like there was a glitch in the system. Perhaps there was an attempted merge that went wrong. Locate it and inform one of the professionals so that it can be corrected. Don't attempt to correct it yourself, because you may end up erasing some information accidentally.

Private User
8/12/2021 at 8:24 AM

The Henry Lees were *not* descended from William "Constable" Lee, but from his older brother, Richard "the Scholar" Lee (1647-1715) and wife Laetitia Corbin (ca. 1657-1706).

Looks as though someone ran some major corrections on that line recently.

8/12/2021 at 11:51 AM

I can't do what I once could on geni, but I remember that my relationship to the General is exactly the same as yours. Forth Cousin, six times removed, so I have to ask a silly question. Are you my sister? Just kidding of course, glad you got it fixed.

In finding my connections to Robert E. Lee I learned a great deal of respect for the man, who I now know to have been a human rights activist. History and America truly shortchanged him and we are worse off for it today.

A pleasure to meet you cousin. Let me know if you'd like to hear the genealogical story I put together of how my 6x removed 1st cousin on my Dad's side met Light Horse Harry Lee, my 5x removed 3rd cousin on my Dad's side, in front of the Father of Our Country, during the Revolution.

Danny Drollinger

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion