Martha Proctor (Harper) - Duplicate and Errors

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Thursday, July 29, 2021
Showing all 3 posts
7/29/2021 at 4:56 PM

This is a duplicate of this profile:

Martha H Proctor

The above Master Profile has her connected to the correct husband. She was not the wife of John Nicholas Proctor I. He was married to Anne Graye (some show Alice, but I believe that is incorrect).

Anyway, as things are connected on Geni, and as far as I know, John Nicholas Proctor I would have been this Martha's father-in-law, not her husband.

There is probably someone among the many profile managers for the Master Profile above who know that branch better than I do, as this Martha's husband is a distant uncle line for me and I haven't researched his line. I just discovered the duplicate because I was checking to see if John Nicholas Proctor I truly named two of his sons John since Geni shows these two as brothers:

John Proctor, of Ipswich

John Graye Proctor, Ancient Planter

7/29/2021 at 5:56 PM

Massachusetts is not Virginia.

John Nicholas Proctor

Curator Note from Maria Edmonds-Zediker, Volunteer Curator (8/18/2011):
John Nicholas Proctor, the son of William Proctor and Isabel Lilbourne was born in 1559 at Shawdon, Northumberland. He married a Miss Graye. They had five sons, all of whom emigrated to Virginia, including John Graye Proctor, an Ancient Planter.

Follow the MPs. I’ll disconnect what isn’t explicit.

7/29/2021 at 6:07 PM

Exactlly. That's why I was questioning the two sons named John and then discovered the duplicate for this Martha and as a wife to John Nicholas, which isn't correct. I appreciate your help in correcting the lines, Erica.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion