Sir Adam HEPBURN OF HAILES - Serious inconsistencies with this profile in this part of the tree

Started by Craig Andrew Miles on Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
7/6/2021 at 5:06 PM

Hi everyone

Erica Howton recommended starting a discussion about this profile.

It seems that this cannot actually be the same Adam Hepburn as the one described in the About section as his lifespan cannot be reconciled with those of his supposed wife and children with significant dates preceding his 1432 birth.

If anyone knows how to untangle this it would make a big difference to this area of the tree!

7/6/2021 at 5:38 PM

Private User - could I trouble you for advice?

Private User
7/7/2021 at 12:24 AM

The subject of this discussion, Sir Adam Hepburn of Hailes (died 1479), is actually Adam Hepburn, Master of Hailes. He was the son of Patrick, 1st Lord Hailes, and his wife Elene Wallace, and not Patrick Hepburn, younger of Hailes, and Beatrice de Vaux, as presently identified.

His wife was Elyne Home, rather than Janet Borthwick, but disconnecting him from Patrick Hepburn and Beatrice de Vaux, and reconnecting him with Patrick Lord Hailes and Elene Wallace, would be a good first move in the correction process.

I would be happy to proceed with this if there are no objections.

7/7/2021 at 1:36 PM

Please do! This is what “The Scots Peerage” has:

The Scots Peerage by Sir James Balfour Paul, Edinburgh, 1905, 'Bothwell' p. 141/2. Archive.Org, page 148. Archive.Org

https://archive.org/details/scotspeeragefoun02paul/page/142/mode/2up

https://archive.org/details/scotspeeragefoun02paul/page/148/mode/2up

7/11/2021 at 2:33 AM

Hi Neil

If you know how to fix this then please do. Supposedly my18th great-grandfather and looking for the correct link to my 19th GG!

Many thanks

Best regards

Craig

7/11/2021 at 5:07 PM

Sorry Private User
If you saw a notification relating to the About section then I see that this was updated contrary to my last message. So please ignore. Didnt refresh for some reason.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion