Hervé I, count of Mortagne - Is this correct?

Started by Marvin Loyd Welborn on Thursday, July 1, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-64 of 64 posts

re: eg eg Gerberge de Gatinais as the wife of Herve I is completed unsupported anywhere. Gerberge de Gatinais Gender: Female Birth: circa 915 France Death: 977 (57-66) Immediate Family: Daughter of Gaucelin Wife of Hervé I, count of Mortagne Mother of Hervé II, count of Mortagne and Hildegarde de Mortagne du Perche Added by: Justin Swanstrom on 11 May 2009 Managed by: Alex Moes
This Gerberge Gerberge du Gâtinais, comtesse d'Anjou is the only one I can find so far with any sources connected to Gatinais, and she's married to Fulk II, Count of Anjou (Gerberge du Gâtinais, comtesse d'Anjou)

—-

Is it time to merge away or correct the name or disconnect “the daughter of Gaucelin

I just got this mail ….

—-

Managers of Gerberge du Gâtinais, comtesse d'Anjou,

I am contacting you about this profile: https://www.geni.com/people/Gerberge-du-G%C3%A2tinais-comtesse-d-An...

I am contacting you about this profile: Gerberge de Gatinais

I am contacting you about the confusion between these two profiles.
it is further confused in that Find a Grave appears to have taken some
information from the wrong one of these profiles.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/146168483/gerberge-du_maine

I have no access to original resources so can be sure who is right
or what is right, but when you look at the 3 things together your head spins.

Sincerely,

Robert Paul Van Natta

Robert Paul Van Natta

I think I did some research with Pam on this, let me find where we posted it

There are 5 documents posted in media here Mélisende, viscountess of Châteaudun , work I did with Pam quite a while back. As I recall this area is extremely complicated with relationships and not much primary documentation, conclusions were drawn based on secondary sourcing, Settipani included.

While I use Cawley usually as a first point of departure he tends to use statements like “if this information is correct then...”. He is only a point in time, and there are occasionally more primary documentation available than he choses to cite.

I replied to the same PM without making the mental connection to this thread.

Showing 61-64 of 64 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion