Peter Folger - Did Ben Franklin have a brother named Lawrence?

Started by Private User on Sunday, June 27, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
6/27/2021 at 11:38 PM

If so, then Peter's duplicate brother, Peter Folger , should probably be merged.

The MP for Abiah Franklin doesn't include a son by the name of Lawrence Franklin .

However, I leave that decision to someone more knowledgable about the Franklin family genealogy.

And if she really didn't have a son by that name, then the duplicate should be disconnected from the MP.

Thank you for checking this out.

7/3/2021 at 10:43 PM

I’ve been looking around and checked Wikipedia(yeah, that place.) Only Lawrence, I found was the son of Anne Child.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josiah_Franklin

Private User
7/3/2021 at 11:23 PM

Thank you so much, Joseph Raymond Burke but it looks like a curator fixed the problem already. I should have posted as soon as I realized it. Erica disconnected Lawrence from Abiah, and locked profile relationships to prevent it from happening again.

I appreciate your help very much, and never fault anyone for consulting Wikipedia. It can be a great introductory and efficient reference when used correctly, and I know respectable genealogists and historians who do use it on occasion although not exclusively of course. We are often reminded that it alone is not a primary source, but we also know that good sources are often found listed at the end of their articles.

7/3/2021 at 11:31 PM

It was my fault he ended up on her page, I should really research into people better.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion