Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala - Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala is my 18th great grandmother.

Started by Private User on Saturday, June 26, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts
Private User
6/26/2021 at 9:06 PM

Hello all,

I curious as to how many others have a relation to this family. I would love to see the rest of the family. I'm also trying to trace my mtDNA back to what I have as halpogorup N1B. Which from looking at my DNA and the phylotree and halpogroups this makes sense. I know I have a ton of Jewish descents that I would like to also connect with and I'm trying to figure more about my Jewish that goes back to the Hasidic and Shinova Dynasties and many others in history as well. I would love to hear your input.

D. Diego Gómez de Toledo, I señor de Casarrubios y Valdepusa and Dª. Inés de Ayala, señora de Malpica are my 19th great grandparents one line from my father and another line from my mother.

Thank you,

Jacklyn Wahl

Sincerely,

Jacklyn Wahl

6/26/2021 at 9:35 PM

Hi Jacklyn!
Ines de Ayala is my 18th great aunt and also my husband’s 18th great grandmother from our maternal lines. My Ayala line stayed in Spain, his went to England.
Cheers,
Graciela

6/26/2021 at 9:50 PM

She is my 20th GGM😍 Hi cousins!!

6/26/2021 at 10:21 PM

Shows as 22nd grandmother for me.

She’s a super connector between cultures.

Private User
6/26/2021 at 11:13 PM

Hello Family,

Yes, that is what I'm seeing how I'm connected to other Royal families and how it is so diverse.

It warms my heart to see all of you here. I love seeing all the connections.

Jacklyn Wahl

6/27/2021 at 3:57 AM

Hello cousins! Sancha Blount is my 18th great grandmother. I am descended from her daughter Constance and her son Thomas ( on a different branch of my father's). Jacklyn, you will find we are related to many royal houses of Europe. If you look further, you will find relationships to the Kievian Russ such as Queen Regent of the Franks Anna of Kiev.

Hola Jacklyn:
Adjunta ruta de parentesco
Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala is Raúl Castro Chacón, Capitán de Navio's first cousin 15 times removed!

Raúl Castro Chacón, Capitán de Navio

Raúl Castro Puga
your father

Aurora Puga del Valle
his mother

Raymundo Puga Puga
her father

José María Puga Sepúlveda
his father

José de Puga y Figueroa
his father

José de Puga Girón
his father

Manuela Girón de Montenegro Esparza Jofré
his mother

Juan Girón de Montenegro Santibáñez
her father

Felipe Girón de Montenegro y Jofré de Loayza
his father

Luciana Jofré de Loayza Ortíz de Gaete
his mother

Luis Jufré de Loayza Meneses Aguirre
her father

Juan Jufré de Loayza y Montesa, conquistador de Chile y Argentina
his father

Francisco José Jufré Niño Guevara
his father

Constanza Niño de Guevara
his mother

Constanza Vélez de Guevara Fernández
her mother

Mencia Fernández de Ayala Alvarado, Señora de Escalante, Treceño y Pontejos, del Valle de Valdáli
her mother

Dª. Inés de Ayala, señora de Malpica
her sister

Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala
her daughter

Saluda a Ud
Raúl Castro Chacón
Capitán de Navio

6/27/2021 at 10:37 AM

She is my 15th great grandmother/ps:
You → Cecelia M. Anderson (Poplett) your mother → Lee Lello Poplett her father → Anna Mae Poplett (Perkins) his mother → Bernon Helme Perkins her father → Abby Anna Perkins (Helme) his mother → Samuel E Helme her father → Judge James Helme his father → Rouse Helme his father → Rouse Helme his father → Christopher Helme his father → Priscilla Helme (Wentworth) his mother → Catherine Wentworth (Marbury) her mother → William Marbury, Esq. her father → Robert Marbury, Esq. his father → Anne Marbury (Blount) his mother → Sir Thomas Blount, Kt. her father → Sir Thomas Blount, Kt. his father → Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala his mother

6/27/2021 at 10:40 AM

She is my 15th great grandmother/ps:
You → Cecelia M. Anderson (Poplett) your mother → Lee Lello Poplett her father → Anna Mae Poplett (Perkins) his mother → Bernon Helme Perkins her father → Abby Anna Perkins (Helme) his mother → Samuel E Helme her father → Judge James Helme his father → Rouse Helme his father → Rouse Helme his father → Christopher Helme his father → Priscilla Helme (Wentworth) his mother → Catherine Wentworth (Marbury) her mother → William Marbury, Esq. her father → Robert Marbury, Esq. his father → Anne Marbury (Blount) his mother → Sir Thomas Blount, Kt. her father → Sir Thomas Blount, Kt. his father → Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala his mother

You are my 7th cousin twice removed.

6/27/2021 at 10:58 AM

She is showing up as my 19th great grandmother. I have always found her a fascinating one.

6/27/2021 at 11:17 AM

Hi Jacklyn,
She is my 16th Great Grandmother. I am related through her son Thomas, his son Thomas, his mother Anne Marbury, her father Robert Marbury, his son William Marbury, his son Rev Francis Marbury, his daughter Anne Hutchinson (came to US from England), her son Capt. Edward Hutchinson, his daughter Ann Clarke, her son Joseph Clarke, his son Benjamin Clarke, his son John Clark, his son Oratio Dyer Clark, his con Clarence Don Clark, his daughter Frances Dyer Clark, her son (my father) George H. Chapman, Jr.

Ann Marbury Hutchinson, my 9th great grandmother (1591 - 1643) was a Puritan in Boston - she left Boston following problems with church officials and was killed by indians along with 16 members of her family while living in Westchester County, NY.

Thanks for reaching out to the family

Don Chapman

Private User
6/27/2021 at 11:18 AM

Susanne Floyd Gunter,

What stories do you have of her? What do you find fascinating?

I found the link below to find more about her.

http://miller-aanderson.blogspot.com/2013/03/sancha-de-ayala-1360-1...

Thanks,

Jacklyn Wahl

6/27/2021 at 1:17 PM

Hello Cousins.

18th great grandmother and 19th great grandmother. I descend from La Sra. Sancha Blount two ways: Paternally (father-side) and Maternally (Mother-side).

=========paternal============
Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala is the 18th great grandmother of Marvin Loyd Welborn.
MLW  → Henry Marvin Welborn his father → Emma Corine Welborn (Bombard) his mother
→ Emma Elizabeth Free / Bombard (Davis) her mother → Isabelle Bynum her mother
→ Robert W Bynum her father → Elizabeth Bynum (Mitchell) his mother
→ Lydia Mitchell (Wheeler) her mother → Jonathan Wheeler, I her father
→ Martha Wheeler (Salisbury) his mother → William Salisbury, Jr. her father
→ Susannah Salisbury (Cotton) his mother → Thomas Cotton her father
→ George Cotton, of Combemere his father → Esq. Richard Cotton his father
→ Sir George Cotton of Combermere, Wilkesley and Pulton his father
→ Cecily de Cotton (de Mainwaring) his mother → Jane Sutton her mother
→ Sir Lord Lieutenant of Ireland John Sutton, VI, 1st Baron Dudley her father
→ Constance de Hastings (Blount) his mother → Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala her mother

========maternal===============
Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala is the 19th great grandmother of Marvin Loyd Welborn.
MLW  → Geneva Allene Welborn (Smith) his mother 
→ Henry Loyd Smith, Sr. her father → Edith Lucinda Smith (Lee) his mother 
→ William M Lee her father → Britton Lee his father→ William Samuel Lee his father 
→ Lemuel Samuel Lee his father → Mary Lee (Allen) his mother 
→ Ann Allen (Anderson) her mother → Thomas Anderson her father 
→ Robert Anderson, I his father→ Mary Anderson (Overton) his mother 
→ Joanne Overton (Snawsell) her mother → Robert Snawsell her father 
→ Brian Snawsell his father → Thomas Snawsell his father 
→Katherine Hansard his mother → Elizabeth Hansard (Blount) her mother 
→ Sir Thomas Blount, Kt. her father → Sir Thomas Blount, Kt. his father 
→ Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala his mother

6/27/2021 at 9:12 PM

Hi cousins!

Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala is your 22nd great grandmother.
You
→ Dr. Paul Glen Grant, PhD
your father → Rev. Brian Paul Grant
his father → Dr. Verne Edwin Grant, Ph.D
his father → Edwin Edgar Grant
his father → Rev. Weldon Pollock Grant
his father → William Robinson Grant
his father → Abel Grant, Jr.
his father → Abel Grant, Sr.
his father → Joseph Grant, III
his father → Joseph Grant, II
his father → Hannah Grant
his mother → Hannah Dassett
her mother → Rev. Thomas Flynt, of Concord
her father → Dorothy Flint
his mother → Robert Wood
her father → Robert Woodde
his father → Robert Wood
his father → Jane Strelley
his mother → John Strelley
her father → Sanchia Digby
his mother → Margaret Lee
her mother → Sir John Griffith, Kt., of Abermarlais
her father → Ann Griffith
his mother → Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala
her mother

6/28/2021 at 8:19 AM

She is my 19th Great Grandmother!

6/28/2021 at 4:24 PM
6/28/2021 at 4:25 PM

Also, I have to say that my mother grew up really poor and was bullied in school. It really made her day to find out she's got such a high-class ancestor. :)

Private User
6/28/2021 at 7:27 PM

Hello cousins,

I am so happy to see everyone commenting on here, it warms my heart. You have no idea. I've been longing to get to know my history rather than orally passed down. And to get to know others that are still alive along this line and we may even share other common lines as I'm noticing as well.

I'm sorry to hear that about your mom Kristen Munoz. Life can be hard and I'm sure we can all relate to some point and wished we could say we have some royal history and now we can.

Sincerely,

Jacklyn Wahl

6/28/2021 at 9:53 PM

22nd Great Grandmother via Maxine Iris Means ( my Paternal Grandmother.)
I wondered whether the Spanish line I was related to was Jewish. I would love to learn more myself actually :)

Private User
7/3/2021 at 2:25 PM

Heather Olsen MTDNA H23

Heather,

Randy Schoenberg has a solid knowledge when it comes Medieval Jewish genealogy.
He might be able to help you with that.

Randy Schoenberg

Private User
7/6/2021 at 5:45 PM

Sancha Blount Ayala is my great grandmother on 3 of my parental lines. She is super important because she connects many English Royalty to Spanish Iberian Royalty.
Depending on which theory you support she also connects the Arab lines to England as well.

Private User
7/6/2021 at 9:57 PM

18th great nana Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala - Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala

Private User
7/11/2021 at 5:38 PM

Nice to see more family on here.

Dr. Ibrahim, yes I do believe that she connects us to more to the rest of the world. From my research on the Iberian Peninsula and the dispersion of many cultures have come across this line. I know I have some crazy middle eastern lines that are hard for me to believe and tons of notable Rabbis.

Shalom,
Jacklyn Wahl

8/7/2021 at 1:03 PM

Hello!
Sancha Blount Lady de Ayala is my 22nd Great Grandmother through my Paternal Grandmother, Maxine Iris Means. ( Father Harold Olaf Olsen)
Gedmatch # is HD758148C1

8/7/2021 at 1:05 PM

Hello!
Sancha Blount Lady de Ayala is my 22nd Great Grandmother through my Paternal Grandmother, Maxine Iris Means. ( Father Harold Olaf Olsen)
Gedmatch # is HD758148C1
Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala

8/7/2021 at 2:02 PM

Hi, to you all.

Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala is my 20th Great Grandmother on my mom's side. Her name is Shirley Lucille Varnado. It seems there are a few inconsistencies found in the path, though. It's great to meet all of you. April Carroll

(No Name)
8/22/2021 at 6:46 AM

She is my maternal 18 gg

8/22/2021 at 12:32 PM

April Bowyer Hello, there! I hadn't seen my connection to Sancha Blount, Lady de Ayala for so long that I couldn't find the link anymore - you have probably found her by my having linked her to my father's line. You see, Shirley Lucille Varnado was my first cousin. I'm still in touch with two of her sisters on Facebook (the brothers have passed). Sancha went to England with Constance of Castile (after Constance's ruling father died in disgrace) - who went to marry John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster. Sancha was one of the ladies of court who went too - & she married in England. - - - But now, I can get back on track with Sancha - & SAVE that information somewhere that I won't lose it again. - - - Shirley Varnado is the first of the six sisters to have passed & I added her in geni. The two I stay in touch with are Lillian (Sal) & Genell (named after my mother). Do you know anything about their mother Lucille's Blake side of the family? She was my dad's sister. Contact me in a mssg. here in geni if you'd like to know more. Nancy Blake Thompson

8/22/2021 at 2:27 PM

Nancy B. Thompson, there must be 2 Shirley Lucille Varnados. My mom only had 2 sisters and 3 brothers, 2 of which are still alive. Her dad was Wilburn Carlee Varnado.

8/22/2021 at 2:40 PM

@April Carroll, you must be right, the Shirley Varnado I have doesn't have a middle name, but her mother's name is Hazel Lucille Blake Varnado. I added a good bit of that Varnado family here on geni - seemingly unrelated to your Varnado family. Apologies...

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion