William Samuel Pyke (Pike), Sr. - Conflicting parentage.

Started by Private User on Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
6/9/2021 at 7:30 PM

Can someone help me figure out which set of parents this profile belongs to, please? I'm not familiar with this branch, and find the sources provided a little confusing. By the way, there are also conflicting birth and death dates for his wife, and logically the ones currently displayed are incorrect, so I requested already for that to be corrected.

Private User
6/9/2021 at 7:39 PM

This associated pending merge (on one of the above maternal options) is on the granddaughter of a Mayflower Passenger, so maybe that will help as I suspect there should be plenty of documentation for his descendants.

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000176090940849?to=600000007...

Mary Pike

Mary Pike

Her grandfather: Thomas Rogers, "Mayflower" Passenger

The problem I'm having with this merge is that everything is the same except for her mother's surname.

6/9/2021 at 7:53 PM

Birth location is garbled on Gedcom file Mary Pike Doesnt mean mother Margaret Hancock is wrong.

Father Nathaniel Wallis of Beverly could have died in Yarmouth on Cape Cod. His mother Joan Wallis supposed to be from Cornwall, so that’s not Thomas of the Mayflower.

6/10/2021 at 11:38 AM

I’m not done, but now I know enough, and have most documented. A few more corrections needed. The answers are:

Private User
6/10/2021 at 1:05 PM

Thank you Erica, for straightening out that mess.

Private User
6/10/2021 at 1:47 PM
Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion