Judge John Cleves Symmes - Extra Wife

Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts

I question this wife, as I've seen no documentation of his marriage to this lady.

Mary Symmes

I only know about Anna Symmes and Susannah Symmes

He had a daughter named Mary (all three of his children were by his first wife, Anna King). Mary (born August 30, 1767) isn't represented on Geni, very little is known about her apart from her birthdate, and may have died young.

The alleged wife, "Mary Henry" was born ca.1792-1804 -- that seems awfully young to me (20-30 years younger than his own daughters). Plus, where is the evidence of this marriage?

I disconnected this duplicate of his second wife, Susannah Livingston, because it was assigned as mother to First Lady Harrison (daughter of his first wife, Anna King). I also changed this one's maiden name to match her actual parentage (was originally "Ridley", which is her sister's married name). I'm done trying to straighten this out, and would appreciate some help with it, please. Thank You.

Susannah Symmes

Susannah Symmes' duplicate sister is the one erroneously connected as mother to First Lady Harrison. So there are also duplicates of the First Lady, but one is with the wrong mother. Susannah is this man's daughter:

Gov. William S. Livingston, Signer, US Constitution

Susannah Symmes

Susannah Symmes

Duplicate First Lady's:

First Lady Anna Tuthill Harrison

First Lady Anna Tuthill Harrison

Private User fixed.

Thank you very much, Erica!

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion