haim wartski(Hachoen) - Is there a descendant list of R' Mordecai jaffe ( Ba'al Halevushim):

Started by Haim WARTSKI,HACOHEN on Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 11 posts
4/21/2021 at 3:48 AM

Lately I've been busy with my grandfather's side.
I found information that one of my great cousins (1) is a descendant of "Ba'al Halevushim"
and to Rabbi Shmuel, ABD Szydłów & Ferrara.
Rav Shmuel Feivish, ABD Szydłów & Ferrara
Rabbi Mordechai Jaffe, Ba׳al "Halevushim"

The sources do not say whether it is through his mother or through his father.
If through his father, then my grandfather is their descendant as well

Is there a list of their offspring so I can check?

many thanks

Private User
4/23/2021 at 6:13 PM

You have to look at the family tree on Geni to see the offspring.

Private User
4/23/2021 at 7:50 PM

For any Profile on Geni, one can click on the Actions button, and two choices always given are Ancestors Report and Descendants Report.

4/24/2021 at 12:06 AM

Private User

Because I do not know how my grandfather is his descendant (if at all), my grandfather is not connected to him in the general tree of geni, so such a test would be useless.

Private User
4/24/2021 at 5:55 AM

I am very, very grateful to Geni for providing us with an easy way to see that info.
Many folks are unaware they can get those reports there, so I try to spread the word.

It is possible the descendants on Geni go down to a duplicate of your cousin, or to a duplicate of one of his ancestors that you know of and/or is on Geni.
Or possibly to a surname that strikes you as a likely area to investigate.
Or it may not help at all.

I have no knowledge of "Ba'al Halevushim" and / or Rabbi Shmuel, ABD Szydłów & Ferrara.
Hopefully others who do will see and respond.

4/24/2021 at 6:57 AM

Private User
Thank you very much, but the list of descendants can not help me, and I will explain why:
This is my cousin's profile I opened:
Rabbi Yehuda Yechiel Leib WLADYSLAWSKI, A.B.D. khall&blashki

His being a descendant is written in several sources, but the most reliable source is Rabbi Mordechai Weitz (who, by the way, is also my cousin), in a book about the city of Lask and its sages, but unfortunately the he does not specify how he is a descendant, and whether it is through his mother or father

Private User
4/24/2021 at 8:27 AM

You say "the list of descendants can not help me, and I will explain why"
But you then say nothing at all that explains why the Descendant List from Rabbi Mordechai Jaffe, Ba׳al "Halevushim" can not help.

Maybe it will not help. But you have spent longer writing responses to me than it would take to look at his "Descendant Report" (from his Actions button).

4/24/2021 at 9:27 AM

Private User
I will explain again:
According to Rabbi Mordechai Weitz, this cousin is a 10th generation
to Ba'al Halevushim.
On the side of his mother, I only know who his grandfather was, on his father's side (this is my side) I only know 4 generations back.
So he is not connected to the general tree of geni and I am missing at least 6 generations, so looking at the list of offspring will not help me.
I need someone whose family has a list of descendants (I know such people exist), or maybe someone from his family who will read my post, understand that we are cousins, and contact me

Private User
4/24/2021 at 10:06 AM

You have explained why looking at your cousin's Ancestor Report will not help.

You have not explained how you know, without looking, that the Descendant Report from Rabbi Mordechai Jaffe, Ba׳al "Halevushim" can not help.
Moreover, you say "I need someone whose family has a list of descendants (I know such people exist)" -
how do you know without looking that such a person has not added those descendants as descendants from the profile on Geni of Rabbi Mordechai Jaffe, Ba׳al "Halevushi?

The Descendant's Report starts with default of 4 generations, but you can change the number of generations it shows - If "According to Rabbi Mordechai Weitz, this cousin is a 10th generation to Ba'al Halevushim" you might set it to 10 generations. It would count him as generation 1, so maybe set to 11 generations.
Geni has descendants of him down to at least generation 11.

4/26/2021 at 1:45 AM

I have a hand-drawn tree from my husband's mother's family. I don't know the original source of the info and can't vouch for its accuracy, but the tree shows that particular chain as Mordechai Jaffe (the Levush) > his son Peretz > Yosef > Mordechai > Chanoch Zundel > Avraham > unnamed daughter > Menka Menkin (daughter of Avraham's unnamed daughter and Yehuda Leib Vilner, son of the Vilna Gaon) > Yosef Menkin > Sarah Feiga Menkin Foner ....
Hope this helps.

4/26/2021 at 1:59 AM

Julie Ellen Mann
I really appreciate your help!

This is my big cousin's (1) profile:
Rabbi Yehuda Yechiel Leib WLADYSLAWSKI, A.B.D. khall&blashki

He is with absolute certainty a descendant of R 'Mordecai jaffe (Ba'al Halevushim), unfortunately, in no source is it written whether it is through his mother, or through his father.
I'm looking for information on how he is a descendant of his, because if through his father (and possibly the zaydel family), then my grandfather is also his descendant

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion