Started by Private User on Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
4/20/2021 at 11:33 AM

As of this date, R' SA Katz has 99 living yDNA descendants listed in GENI, the most recent born in 1978. yDNA testing of one or more of these descendants (the more the better) would be a valuable addition to this family tree's knowledge base. If a person reading this is qualified to make the test and is willing to do so, please reply to this discussion.

4/20/2021 at 3:45 PM

I'm in the process of being tested, but shouldn't we also get yDNA from a descendant of one of the shachs other sons?

Private User
4/20/2021 at 8:57 PM

Hello Eli,

Besides your kit, there are several other potential Shakh lines in the testing pipeline, which is a good place to be. Supposing the results place each line being tested in a different group? Then we will want further confirmation of the correct one. The reason to spread the word in a post like this is 'redundancy'. The more confirmations, the surer the conclusion. This post is a way of keeping the lines of communication open to researchers who may happen to read this profile in the future. If it happens that the currently awaited tests close the book on the question, then I will follow-up with a post to this discussion with that information.

Keep Well,
Adam

4/21/2021 at 4:13 AM

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/cohen/default.aspx?section=yre...

Hi Adam,

I took a DNA test.
My last name Rubin appears on this list

I am willing to take additional test if needed, let me know in private if you have any further questions
Yoel Rubin

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion