Started by Private User on Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
4/20/2021 at 11:13 AM

As of this date, R' SZ of Liadi has 29 living yDNA descendants listed in GENI, the most recent born in 2007. yDNA testing of one or more of these descendants would be a valuable addition to this family tree's knowledge base. If a person reading this is qualified to make the test and is willing to do so, please reply to this discussion.

4/20/2021 at 1:22 PM

My understanding is that my relationship to Schneur Zalman of Liadi is via my paternal grandmother’s family (née Sarah Ginsburg or Ginsberg). Her birthdate was September 1891, either in Russia or Lithuania. Her parents were Nathan Ginsburg and Dorothy Melzer Ginsburg. Her family was Orthodox. My father, Nathan Rifkinson (her son) was born in 1912 in the province of Vilnius, Lithuania.

Private User
4/20/2021 at 1:25 PM

Stephanie Rifkinson You would need to find a cousin whose lineage preserves the direct son-to-son connection at every step of the chain (otherwise the original ydna signal is lost).

4/20/2021 at 2:03 PM

Unfortunately, my father was an only child. My grandmother’s only sibling, her brother, had no children. Beyond this bare-bones information, I have nothing more to offer at this time. Thanks

4/21/2021 at 5:54 AM

My husband, is 7th generation from Baal Ha-Tanya, son after son up to Levi Yitzchak Shneerson, then his daughter Rachel, her grandmother Chava Lea and her daughter Ilana - my husband's mother.....

4/21/2021 at 6:16 AM

Rachel ----> Chava Lea ------> Ilana (Genin) Lapan ------> my husband Dan Lapan

Private User
4/21/2021 at 7:35 AM

Anna ( Henna Gitl) Please see the comment I made to Stephanie Rifkinson......

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion