Benjamin Seavey - Correct wife or wives for Benjamin Seavey????

Started by Susanne Floyd on Sunday, March 21, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts

Right now, due to an inherited profile that I am trying to clean up that merges somewhere into my family, I am trying to find sources for the Seavey family of Colonial New Hampshire. None of the profiles had much more than Gedcoms.

Right now, Benjamin Seavey has 5 wives (several are duplicates, I think) that need some sort of merging and possibly some disconnecting/editing. Family Search https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LHJJ-QPK says that his wife is Mary Abigail Hearle and there are reasons this may make sense.

Some Ancestry documents attached to this Geni profile in the Media tab indicate that his wife was Mary Wallis/Wallace, but Family search provides a document that indicates that Mary Wallis was the wife of Benjamin Seavey, Jr. who is not yet profiled on Geni, but was born in 1690 according to the records and married Mary in 1712 (a rather sensible age for the times). Mary Wallis could not have been the one and only wife of Benjamin I or children would have been born before she was. It makes more sense that she is attached to Benjamin II if all the below is correct.

"New Hampshire Marriage Records, 1637-1947," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FLFW-BYG : 22 February 2021), Benjamin Seavey and Mary Wallis, 23 Oct 1712; citing , Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics, Concord; FHL microfilm 1,001,300.

My proposal - Develop a profile for Benjamin II (1690- d. ) and attach Mary Wallis (1695-1725) to that profile. Clean up Mary Abigail Hearle (1665-1724) and leave her with Benjamin I (1663-1729) and all the children that they had - Benjamin II, William, Hepsibah, Moses, Elizabeth, Hannah, Sarah, Susannah.

Is this agreeable? Profiles in question:

Benjamin Seavey

Mary Seavey

Mary Seavey

Mary Seavey

Abigail Seavey

Abigail Seavey

Plus an as yet to be made profile for Benjamin Seavey II who is the likely husband of Mary Wallis/Wallace.

I think I can manage the clean up, but I would prefer some input. Thanks.

I think we’re done for now!

I think so too! Thanks, Erica Howton

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion