Agnes "Sookie" Daugherty (McDaniel) - Curator, please put "Sookie" in middle name field or DISPLAY NAME field...

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Sunday, March 14, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-39 of 39 posts

And yes, I do think they limit the number of matches... I think the paid upgrade eliminates that but I only have it on mine

LH5069043 no match. COuld be your paternal side and may not be McDaniel at all

Comparing Kit US7857087 (Cynthia Hicks Curtis) [23andMe] and Kit LH5069043 (*JMFC) [23andMe]

Segment threshold size will be adjusted dynamically between 200 and 400 SNPs
Minimum segment cM to be included in total = 5.0 cM
Mismatch-bunching Limit will be adjusted dynamically to 60 percent of the segment threshold size for any given segment.

Chr B37 Start Pos'n B37 End Pos'n Centimorgans (cM) SNPs
1 9,690,476 12,205,840 5.2 514
5 3,254,413 4,939,023 5.2 414
20 60,317,218 62,872,249 6 582
22 21,460,220 23,763,969 5.6 259

Largest segment = 6 cM

Total Half-Match segments (HIR) 22cM (0.613 Pct)
Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 6.7

I typically try to do 23&me to 23&me, etc but only work on full matches unless there is a tree and strong evidence of a shared ancestry. Only about half of all 4th cousins DNA match so is very slow going and more folks have to test and work a tree!
I'll check back, cousin.
Hope you are having a nice summer.
I am happy to see the good work being done here on Geni. It keeps me here instead of other public genealogy sites.

Her.
Erica Howton she comes up in my DNA matches with folks at Ancestry and 23&me.
I will work on putting her in the same place as Emerson...
My DNA match I am adding to the Big Tree here today is through Martha B. Bird

Cherokee applications from her descendants are in her media.

unknown Tyner is the mother of Martha B. Bird

Susan Elaine Bromlow are the descendants added to Geni?
I do NOT "do" Native American research.

I removed Cherokee from her profile and it can be added back if she is Cherokee.
I am trying to piece together a family group for my branch which is Susannah McDaniel who has been erroneously called the daughter of Granny Hopper.
I believe she is the daughter of a man named McDaniel and a Native American woman but I doubt she was Cherokee.
My suspicion is Creek.

I believe the descendants are listed. This is my late husband's line. He descends from Charity Tyner Bird. Charity and her sister Martha married brothers. The Cherokee applications are from the Crump/Purcell line, descendants of Agnes Tyner Crump. My husband's gedmatch # is A914532. He and I both match a Watson who is a Crump/Purcell descendant. I believe my Rebecca Catherine(maiden name unknown)who married William Jefferson Robbins is in the mix somewhere! She is supposed to be Cherokee. When I started the research I was told by Tom Crump that Sookie was the daughter of Anawakie and Cornelius Daugherty.

Showing 31-39 of 39 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion