NJ boy born and bred?

Started by Alex Moes on Saturday, March 13, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 17 posts

I merged 7 or 8 profiles that clearly all represent the same man but who his parents are and whether all the wives are the same woman is beyond my balliwick Peter Romeyn, Sr.

Why that one, obviously it creates a parental conflict but why is un-merging the solution?
If you look at this merge https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=79799660370 you clearly see that Peter "Sr" and Peter "Jr" are the same man (at least in that example), they have the same wife, same DOB, same children, same locations and year of death is within 1 calendar year. The parental conflict created means that genealogists are confused what family he s from, not that there are two separate individuals with exactly the same vital stats.

I am not familiar with NJ resources but given that we seem to have the exact date of birth (it's even possible that the DOB conflict reflects a birth date vs baptism date) it would seem reasonable to ask for some documentary evidence for this/these man/men.

He also has two specific dates of marriage which should be investigated. They look odd given that he is aged 64 for the first and 68 for the second. This could indicate a mixing of generations or it could be a mistake or it could be an old widower with his 2nd and 3rd marriages.
The fact that Abigail Romeyn died 4 years before the marriage date is a big red flag!

Alex Moes, ok.

This is "why", I think: Peter Romeyn, Sr.

Parents need made public: Rebecca Romine

Also, this is why: https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000114076143923?return=dupli...

Time to separate the women

I will stop now and revisit tomorrow.

The ones I looked at appear really good! Are they done?

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, i have no idea. You and Eugene Thomas have certainly done a lot of cleanup but the profiles are still blank, at least Peter Romeyn, Sr. is, so there is no way for anyone to identify if they are good or not.

Alex Moes, Eugene Thomas did indeed! Many are apparently quite solid and have been MP'd and I am really pleased. But I did not want to walk away if there was anything outstanding to be dealt with... Hope you are having a lovely week-end. I usually do not touch the compute from Friday afternoon to Monday morning lol

"Many are apparently quite solid..." what do you base this opinion on?
MP is a tool for guiding merging, not a QAQC stamp. An empty unsourced profile is an empty unsourced profile, having an MP badge on it does not change that.

Alex Moes ok.

Alex Moes

The parents have a source that includes the children.

https://wc.rootsweb.com/trees/166151/I46317/janchristoffel-romine/i...

It never occurref to me to look in a different profile for a hyperlink to an internet tree which lists two published tertiary sources.

How silly of me :)

Showing all 17 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion