William Terrell - Incorrect Connections

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Showing all 12 posts
3/9/2021 at 8:31 AM

I was reading an article earlier today that referred to this William and his brother Richmond as sons of Robert Terrell. This link shows this William as son of Robert Terrell and Jane Baldwin:

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/mediaui-viewer/tree/3983119/person/-1647...

3/9/2021 at 8:52 AM

Now I can't get that link to work and can't find it again! :(

3/9/2021 at 8:58 AM

But I did find this on Ancestry. I can't view the document with my membership though:

Name: William Terrell
[William]
Arrival Place: Virginia, USA
General Text: TERRELL, WILLIAM, son of Robert and Jane Baldwin. Came from England before 1667 to New Kent Co. Married Susannah Waters. TERRELL

3/9/2021 at 9:04 AM

And now I'm REALLY confused because I found this that shows multiple brothers named Richmond and William. The first generation shows wife as Joanne Baldwin rather than Jane. And it shows this William who married Susannah Waters as the 3rd generation, making him son of Richmond of the 2nd generation. It doesn't help at all that there are no dates given for any of them.

All the names of all the connections are there but they're sorted out different than on the other sites I've seen.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageviewer/collections/49380/images/FLH...

Debbie Gambrell I gave up World a while back and so now I cannot see it... You may be able to add to the profile or there is an ap where you can do a screenshot.

Public trees and repeated names are difficult. I am visual and it helps to be able to see a record, I think

3/9/2021 at 1:16 PM

I working on it in my Ancestry tree since I can consider it a work in progress effort on there without messing anything up with the Geni connections, but I know it would help others if the connections are correct on Geni.

I don't have any problem doing screenshots but they can't be added here in the discussions. I did put a screenshot about her marriage under the Media tab.

What I hate is when various supposedly 'official' sites from historical societies, books on the genealogy, etc. don't even have exactly the same info. But then I've learned the expensive way that just because someone writes it up and publishes it doesn't mean it is error-free. That's why I no longer purchase published genealogies. I've spent $50 per book more than once only to find it had glaring errors or omissions. I know more is correct than in error, but it does make it frustrating to try to sort it out when there is obvious conflicting info published.

Someone sent me a screenshot through the Geni message center recently

3/9/2021 at 5:33 PM

I wonder how they did that! I have never seen the option for it.

Via an app-- a download on the internet...

It's near impossible to locate a message here

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion