Sir John Landon McDaniel (McDonnell), Sr. - Two entirely different Y haplos on profile

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Saturday, March 6, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 1-30 of 38 posts
3/6/2021 at 2:24 PM

Please help clean up the profile?

Private User
3/6/2021 at 10:48 PM

Yes, that happens when 2 different men claim the line by pedigree yet do not match by haplogroup. It usually indicates an error or NPE. We just have to wait to see when and where line changes as more men get tested.

Private User
3/6/2021 at 10:54 PM

The more recent haplo matches McDonald and the other. JM haplo does not.

3/7/2021 at 7:32 AM

Consistency Check:Elizabeth Rollwage born after the death of her father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..Mary Frances McDaniel born after the death of her father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..Katherine Perkins born after the death of her father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..Robert Jackson McDaniel born after the death of his father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..James Henry McDaniel, Sr. born after the death of his father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..Dudley Calvert McDaniel born after the death of his father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..Nancy Brooke Hargraves born after the death of her father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..Malissa Whittington born after the death of her father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..Margaret Ella Nora Smith born after the death of her father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..Lloyd Guy McDaniel born after the death of his father Sir John Landon McDaniel, Sr..

3/7/2021 at 7:33 AM

He has two wives and 18 children which is do-able but there are many issues and the Y is just one more.

3/7/2021 at 7:38 AM

My interest: He married my paternal 6th great grandmother but I have a maternal 4th great grandmother who was a McDaniel and I suspect may be related.

3/7/2021 at 8:02 AM

Archibald McDaniel is seen from he FAG memorial. Stops at him there.
J-M172

3/7/2021 at 8:03 AM

History
The J-M172 haplogroup, also called J2-M172, is an ancient haplogroup estimated as first appearing 24,000 to 19,000 years ago but perhaps earlier. The first J2-M172 man was a member of the J-M304/P209 haplogroup, and almost certainly lived in Southwestern Asia, most likely the region of east Anatolia and south Caucasus. But unlike his recent ancestors, his descendants did not all stay, instead migrating east toward what is now India, and west along the north and south coasts of the Mediterranean Sea toward what is now France and Algeria. Most living J2-M172 descendants can trace their ancestry to this broad east-west band or are still living there today (see inset map).

https://www.geni.com/projects/J-M172-Y-DNA/33998

3/7/2021 at 8:03 AM

HIS Geni profile has only one child showing... a DAUGHTER.

3/7/2021 at 8:06 AM

Father WIlliam has the TWO Y:
William McDaniel
E-BY75028 J-M172

3/7/2021 at 8:07 AM

E-BY75028

Welcome to the "special" Clan Donalds with lines connected to Egypt.

https://www.geni.com/projects/E-BY75028-Y-DNA/4475492

3/7/2021 at 8:10 AM

There are two males on the Y on the profile and there are 5 DNA owners on the profile...

3/7/2021 at 8:34 AM

Sometimes a problem is the Geni users who ADD/connect the Y are PRIVATE and then leave and sometimes people connect to the WRONG profile and are uncontactable...

Difficult to trace down a line and does virtually no good if one is not very conscientious...

Will return when I am able to spend a few days on it alone and nothing else...

In the meantime, sources, please anyone :)

3/7/2021 at 8:35 AM

Alexander 'Cathanach' MacDonald of Islay and the Glens as E-BY75028 I believe to be correct.

3/7/2021 at 8:35 AM

Too many name changes DOWN the line and I suspect the J-M172 is misplaced.

3/7/2021 at 8:37 AM

HERE is the problem with the ages...
John McDaniel, Sr born 1695 has been Geni married to and father of children with Margaret Eleanor McDaniel (Davis) born 1839.

3/7/2021 at 8:38 AM

Margaret Eleanor McDaniel (Davis)
Birth: after circa 1829
Immediate Family:
Wife of Sir John McDaniel, Sr.
Mother of Elizabeth Rollwage; Katherine Perkins; Robert Jackson McDaniel; James Henry McDaniel, Sr.; Dudley Calvert McDaniel and 5 others

Label: John Landon Sr. b.1695 d.1749
Added by: Kristina Elaine Moore on September 16, 2008
Managed by: Gregory Lee (Greg) Nelson, Kristina Elaine Moore and savanna williams

3/7/2021 at 8:40 AM

Disconnecting Margaret as wife. There is a same name but the children's ages work for this one and perhaps the three managers can resolve the father question.

3/7/2021 at 8:41 AM

Except removing husband also removes children and they go with HIM!
Ha! This is why people scratch their heads and throw in the towel :)

3/7/2021 at 8:57 AM

Conflicts are resolved. Children in their place as far as I can tell (I did not add them or source them...) and I will tackle the DNA soon.

Any assistance greatly appreciated :)

Private User
3/9/2021 at 1:47 AM

Great work Cynthia. Thanks so much. I know, so confusing. BTW, I may have a photo of William McDaniel in Grams collection of photos. If I remember right, it is a very old black and white. I wasn't sure who it was at first but I believe the photo says Willi. It's from a time when photos were made of some type of hard material. I have inherited the majority of family photos dating back a few hundred years and am still going through them. I also have DNA matches for McDaniel, McDonald, MacDonnell etc., as well as McClean, Dougal (the other branch of Somerled), Pasley and so on. The tree's of these matching cousins may be helpful.

If your 4th and 6th GGP are both McDaniel, then you may have a double line.

Showing 1-30 of 38 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion