John of Aviz - Inconsistency?

Started by Antonio Silveira Marques on Friday, February 26, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
2/26/2021 at 10:13 AM

Hello everyone!

I visited this this profile due to my historic interest. I was absolutely astonished to find out the information that John of Aviz (a very important figure to anyone who study the history of Portugal or Brazil) is supposedly my "23rd great grandfather". The thing is that there are some inconsistencies here. John of Avis was married to Filipa de Lencastre. According to the profile she is also my "23rd great grandmother". The problem comes when I visited the profile of Inês Pires, his companion. In her profile I also get the information that she is my "24rd great grandmother"! How can that be??!

In that sense I write to you so you could help me to understand the whole thing.

Best Regards,
Antonio Marques

---------------------------------

Olá pessoal!

Visitei este perfil devido ao meu interesse histórico. Fiquei absolutamente espantado ao saber que João de Aviz (figura muito importante para quem estuda a história de Portugal ou do Brasil) é supostamente o meu “23º bisavô”. O fato é que existem algumas inconsistências aqui. João de Avis era casado com Filipa de Lencastre. Pelo perfil ela também é minha "23ª bisavó". O problema surge quando visitei o perfil da Inês Pires, sua companheira. No perfil dela também pego a informação de que ela é minha "24ª bisavó"! Como pode ser??!

Nesse sentido, escrevo para que você possa me ajudar a entender tudo.

Cumprimentos,
Antonio Marques

2/26/2021 at 1:39 PM

Thanks a lot, Ulf Martinsson. I was really intrigued by this.

Cheers,

Antonio

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion