Thomas Carter, "Buck" - Father?

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
2/23/2021 at 6:36 PM

Ancestry trees show his mother married to Alexander Harper with no mention of a Carter spouse or partner and no Carter children. I tried to enlarge the attached document on this profile and it's too blurry to read well but where I'm thinking I see Thomas Carter it 'looks like', to me, that the father is shown as a Kirk and the mother as a Carter but not first name Martha. Maybe I'm missing something on the document, but it's really hard for me to read it.

The Ancestry trees show that Martha (Kilpatrick) Harper had a son named Thomas Harper b.1763.

Of course, I know their trees could be wrong, but going by surname connections, what's in their trees makes more sense than the unexplained Carter connection here.

11/13/2021 at 6:44 PM

The Ancestry trees show that Martha (Kilpatrick) Harper had a son named Thomas Harper b.1763. - could be right.

But I don’t think Martha Carter married Thomas Carter, Esq.

This has gotten even more garbled, sadly.

11/13/2021 at 7:06 PM

Well, thanks for taking a look at it, Erica. But, since I first posted in February and have worked on so many other lines since then, this has gotten cold on my mind about what I was working on back in February. lol

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion