Wermund, king of the Angles - King Wærmund

Started by Warman on Thursday, February 18, 2021
Showing all 5 posts
2/18/2021 at 11:35 AM

King Wærmund is the actual spelling of this Surname.

2/18/2021 at 3:59 PM

Hi, @William Warmund Warman Waermund.
That's kind of weird... Wermund, King of the Angles comes up as my 51st great grandfather.
He is also my 6th ggf's wife's 40th ggf, yet Geni doesn't show a connection between you and I.
After being on Geni for this last while, I don't find it hard to believe that we are probably cousins somewhere along the lines. hahaha (its probably just a matter of time) I'm starting be believe I'm related to nearly everyone on the planet at this point!
Cheers!

Private User
2/19/2021 at 3:09 AM

Jerry Paul no it's not weird if he has only added ca. 10 profiles, and they are not connected to the world tree.

As for Wermund, king of the Angles, he used to show up as a ggf x number up in my tree before they changed something after Angeltheow, I don't know what they did, but now Angeltheow is my first cousin 51 times removed. Geni relation this far back have a tendancy of shifting now and then and whilce at a time someone is your ggf, and others time they're not.

2/19/2021 at 10:24 PM

Warman — there are two different names, and in the case of this profile the spelling is Wermund — “warrior protector.” You do also see Wærmund — “guardian protector.” They aren’t surnames, though, since those didn’t exist at that time and place.

4/18/2022 at 2:03 PM

“ WÆRMUNDINGTUN”
WÆRMUND
WORMAN
WARMAN

MUND was replaced with MAN

After the great battle and national disgrace
Tigo and Wigo

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion