Rabbi Moshe ben Israel "HaReMa" רבי משה בן ישראל הרמ"א Isserlish איסרליש - Connection to the main profile of the Rama

Started by Yuval Stern on Monday, February 15, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
2/15/2021 at 11:07 AM

1. Why is this profile is apart of the main profile of the Rama (Rabbi Moses ben Israel Isserles, "RaMA")
2. What is the source of his daughter Miriam's family? In the main tree of the Rama, she doesn't have a family.

2/15/2021 at 3:31 PM

That tree looks like a disaster. The dates are all over the place. Ugh.

2/16/2021 at 1:36 AM

Can we do something about it?
Can we ask the profile manager for sources and unless he provide it, the profile should be deleted.
I am connected to this tree, and I don't want my tree it to be connected to wrong trees with false information.

2/16/2021 at 10:50 AM

According to the book "elef margaliotHis children were::
1:Rabbi Yehuda Leib Meisels, ABD in Belarus?(died at a young age)-I'm not convinced he was indeed an A.B.D. Belarus

2:R' Shimon Wolf Isserles
3:Dreizel (Therese) Bunim-Meisels
4: Hendele Malka? Günsburg
5:He also had a daughter named Sarah, whose exact name is not known, perhaps he was Rabbi Zvi Hirsch of Zoizmir
As for the other children who appear in geni according to the book, I did not find confirmation of this

2/16/2021 at 10:54 AM

I forgot to mention that regarding his son: Rabbi Yehuda Leib, need to change his last name to
ISSERLES,
And as for his daughter Sarah, her husband's name is unknown, perhaps he was Rabbi Zvi Hirsch of Zoizmir

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion