John Calvin Morton - Ancestors?

Started by Erica Howton on Sunday, February 14, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Thank you Erica and for all the work you did for me today.

It looks like I can invite my family members to my tree. Can they do this for free?

I have a cousin on my tree who is building her tree on Ancestry. Can she merge my tree of her family from Geni to her tree on Ancestry?

Yes, membership is free. PRO gets you more options. Members can export Gedcom files (and also import, but we discourage that when it’s likely only a few new profiles are needed). (Or a very small file!)

See https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/sections/206535847-GEDCOM

We also offer a utility called SmartCopy (next post)

Thank you so much Erica!!! You're an immense help to me! I'm enjoying this all so much! It's so addicting!

Hi Erica....thank you for your continuous work on my tree. You're just the BEST!!!

Last night I was looking on FamilySearch.org and I found 5 different Cresaps that I don't have on my tree on Geni. Could you possibly add them, when you have a chance. They are: Edward Cresap 1782-1817; Michael Cresap 1750-1788; Daniel Cresap I 1728-1796; Col Thomas Cresap II 1694-1787 and Thomas Crissop (spelled differently possibly European?) 1670-1700.

There actually was a Cresap Society for this family was so big.

I will look forward to reading all the history about my family that you have so kindly provided!!!

Tell me the Cornellus and Shillingford and some of those other families..how are they connected to my family? Is it through my grand father Frank Evans? My grand mother Sarah Elizabeth Fischer or grandfather Morton or Grandmother Ruth Goddard? Naturally I never knew about all these families. It's hard to know from the family tree for I can only look at it in parts. Maybe I see how I'm related through the directional arrows that spells it out for me. It would be nice to have a print out of my family tree so I could lay it out and really get it better. Is there such a thing that geni provides it's members or on special request?

Sorry for all my questions but I am a curious one!!!

Use the ancestor report on your profile to look at ancestors. I don’t do much data entry - just connections, and the research on your Morton’s. So you should go ahead with any missing Cresaps, you don’t need me for it. :)

There’s also a print icon from tree view. And https://www.geni.com/projects/SmartCopy/18783 has additional charting options.

Also, any profile shows relationship, and the links that go from you to them. So you can see how you relate to Soldier of the Revolution John Shillingford just by clicking.

Erica....SmartCopy looks way too complicated for me. I don't know how to do anything on geni except type in my ancestors. It's just the Cresaps have many children to type in but I can do it. I just thought if it was easy for you to transfer the whole bunch, I'd appreciate it. But if it take you away from the other wonderful things you're doing for me. I have the time to type it all in. I'm doing this on my vacation so I have all the time in the world. It's been one of the best vacations making all these fun and exciting discoveries!

Thank you!

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion