Susannah (North) Martin, Salem Witch Trials - Need a curator please and thank you

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Showing all 6 posts
1/12/2021 at 7:54 AM

I just merged duplicate children with her known 8 who are listed in the profile (using this ridiculous HTML since Flash is GONE today...)
Can a curator lock the profile?
Thank you

1/12/2021 at 10:03 AM

Thank you so much for re-establishing Susannah North Martin's list of children. She is my 9th great grandmother and I'm protective of her. My maiden name was Martin.There was another William according to the 1929 book; he died "a few days" after he was born (1662) according to family history. I suspect that's why he doesn't appear even as "infant Martin" as happens at times on sites. Makes sense because 1663 was birth year for the William listed. In George Martin Sr's will this Wm is listed as "my youngest son". George died 1686, Susannah hanged in 1692. William inherited what was left of the estate. Accused witches could expect to forfeit worldly goods.

1/12/2021 at 11:32 AM

You're welcome, Mary Anne Layo! She is my cousin's ancestral grandmother as well and I am a bit protective of quite a few of these profiles as well <3

1/12/2021 at 11:32 AM

Cynthia, I'm so pleased to hear someone else loved the "Flash" program. I probably will be doing less as I also don't care for the new program. If only they can find another one like Adobe.

1/12/2021 at 11:35 AM

Susan Angeline Schumacher Lostetter, yes! Flash was difficult enough and now the HTML that is so BASIC that it is cumbersome but the more one uses anything, the more one becomes familiar... I have a tendency to learn slowly and then I can run circles around a thing once I get the hang of it... hoping the same will be the case here.

9/17/2021 at 6:55 AM

Susannah is also my 9th great-grandmother, via daughter Jane and her husband, Samuel Hadley, son of George Hadley and Mary/Marie Proctor, sister of John Proctor (Jr). I also have at least 2, and very probably a 3rd, lines from William Sargent (Sr) & Elizabeth Perkins, sister to Mary Perkins Bradbury, convicted and sentenced to hang, escaped from jail. 1 line from them is through son William Sargent (Jr) who was sued by George Martin in 1669 on behalf of Susannah for slander due to allegations made then. There are more connections to the trials for me as well.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion