Esther Ashkenazy (Meisels) - Conflict on parents of Esther Ashkenazy (Meisels), mother of Meir Eisenstadt

Started by Randy Schoenberg on Monday, December 28, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
12/28/2020 at 12:52 PM

Not that this resolves the matter but it is kind of interesting that Panim Meirot marries Finkel Leah Sochaczewer/Sochotchover while Esther Teiber's paternal great grandparents are also associated with Sochaczewer (Rabbi Meir Ephraim Gumpel Katz Ashkenazi, z. Bär, Sochaczewer). Also you have two Meirs in the Esther Teiber lineage (her father and great grandfather). From these perspectives, Esther Teiber seems a better fit.

12/29/2020 at 11:42 PM

I learned that some family members from the Sochaczewer family married between themself in order to keep the family name. There are some cases in the Jewish history where daughters or sons both took their parents' last name.. 

Private User
10/8/2021 at 5:42 PM

I just saw this in the 'About' section Esther (Miriam?) Teiber

"it is know that the Maharam A"sch was a grand nephew of the Schach from a "haskama" of the Schach's other brother, Rav Yona Nachum.

Eli Handel: Dr. David Dubin wrote to me as follows:

There was uncertainty whether the Maharam was the Shach's nephew or grandnephew. Then a relatrive found a Haskama written by a brother of the Shach mentioning his sister's grandson Rav Meir. Thus, the Maharam was son of Rav Yitzchak. Rav Yitzchak was the son-in-law of Esther, the Shach's sister, daughter of Rav Meir son of Rav Moshe."

Is there any reason to doubt this?

Private User
10/8/2021 at 6:06 PM

PS: At the moment the tree is not showing what the Haskama quoted above says. Can someone explain the reasoning behind the current tree (which shows wife, Benjamin Zev Wolf Ashkenazi) as the grandmother of the Maharam and no relationship between the Maraham and the Shakh?

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion